(Closed) Receiving line if reception & ceremony are in the same room

posted 6 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 3
1361 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I’d suggest skipping the receiving line and going table to table. 

Post # 5
5657 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: February 2012

Our reception and ceremony were in the same room, but our “cocktail hour” was mostly outside, so our receiving line was right outside the room, so people could greet us as they were heading out.

You don’t NEED a receiving line. We were actually not going to do one, but DH’s parents kinda set one up at the last minute o_O oh well lol

Post # 7
4193 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2012 - Baltimore Museum of Industry

Our ceremony and reception are at the same venue- different spaces, and we’re skipping the receiving line. We should have about 13 tables, so it’ll be a lot easier to go to the guest tables, vs. a line.

Post # 8
5662 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

We aren’t doing a formal receiving line, and I haven’t been to a wedding that did in a long time. We will do the entrance back in and our first dance, then we will be first to get food. We will eat and then try to make rounds I think while everyone else is eating

Post # 9
5075 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

We are skipping the receiving line and circulating during dinner.  Our ceremony and reception are in different parts of the same venue.

The topic ‘Receiving line if reception & ceremony are in the same room’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors