(Closed) Recent Vera Wang Diana brides out there? 2012-2013?

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
1095 posts
Bumble bee

I think it’s around 7,000$

Post # 4
893 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

It is 8000 at vera new york. What culture are you that it is bad luck to wear a used dress?

Post # 5
222 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

It was 6,900 plus tax at blush bridal in Vancouver, so after tax it would be $7728 not including any alterations needed

Post # 7
893 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

@denisenc:  I am Mexican and the Groom is also supossed to buy the dress for you. 

In my tradition the bride’s parents pay for the wedding and the groom buys the dress the rings arras ( 12 coins) and pays the priest. It can be the groom or his parents.

I believe that your husband should respect your tradition. But….it is up to you guys. In our case a preowned dress is considered GOOD LUCK it means it carries the joy of another bride. My mom wore the same dress as my grandmother she was married for 54 years and my Mom has been married for almost 30. I wanted to wear it but we couldnt find it!!!

I supose if you are uncomfortable with buying a preowned dress…you shoudnt do it. But perhaps if you are on a budget you can find a sample? or a Bride that changed her mind? try http://www.preownedweddingdresses.com you could find a new one at a better price. Or maybe we could help you find something similar at a lower price. You could ask the groom to buy your veil and a nice sparkly sash that would make it new….

Post # 9
3371 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@bbfyso:  I love what you said about a preowned dress carrying the joy and luck of the previous bride. 🙂 The ladies I’ve dealt with in buying my dresses have been so lovely that I really feel good about giving their gowns another chance to shine.

@denisenc:  You should be able to get a decent discount on sample gowns, at least 20-30 percent or even more depending on the condition. A lot of the gowns listed on preownedweddinggowns.com, oncewed.com etc are actually samples or unworn.

Post # 12
3371 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@denisenc:  Vera runs small I found, definitely go up a size for her gowns.

Post # 14
222 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

If you are size 4 you will def need a 6 or even an 8!

Post # 15
79 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

Just like previous bees posted, the dress is stil around $7-8k. I’m actually a Diana bride or will be this coming November. Smile I’m actually planning on selling the dress after my wedding and am hopeful I can pass on the dress to another soon to be bride. Also, to comment on sizing, my dress is a size 8 and I’m a street size 6. Good luck! It’s definitely a beautiful gown but then again, I’m biased. Wink

Post # 16
84 posts
Worker bee

i live in NYC and JUST got back from the vera wang store.

the diana is $6990, that is pretax and pre alteratives which will be $650-750.

The topic ‘Recent Vera Wang Diana brides out there? 2012-2013?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors