(Closed) Reception for 150 guest for about $10K

posted 7 years ago in New York City
Post # 3
1398 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I researched NY and NJ venues for about 4 months at the beginning of our engagement and I literally never found anything that low. $65pp would literally be just for food, and it would be from a separate catering company to whatever location you choose. I would suggest asking around for a friend or family member in the area who might have a big backyard. Rutgers Gardens in NJ has a picnic area that you can rent which would save you on tent costs, but it is not modern or clean. For a NYC venue, prices start at $110 pp for just a four hour reception, I got turned down by many venues. I did not look into the winter season though, since we were set on a spring wedding. I suggest just going down the list over at the Knot, unfortunately no one lists their prices on their website so you might as well just start calling. Sorry I couldn’t be of more help!

Post # 4
1251 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Yea….I’ve been hoping to keep my budget down to $25,000 with 75 people and this is even proving difficult. I haven’t found a nice venue under $100-125 a head, even on a Thursday night anywhere in NY (we’ve looked in Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, the Bronx and LI). You can browse theknot.com and I found http://nymag.com/weddings/ helpful too. Good luck, and post back if you find anything because I’d LOVE to check it out too!

Post # 6
1398 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@littlegraykitten: Yep, thats the budget we’re looking at now. Venues were sooo stressful I cried constantly because I just knew we weren’t going to get a dream venue in the area because we’re just not made of money.

Our venue is the Smokerise Village Inn in Kinnelon, NJ. We got everything, ceremony, cocktail hour, plated (awesome!) dinner, cake and cookies, valet parking for guests for $115pp. It’s a beautiful venue, but it is an hour outside of the city in the mountains. They are a small community owned restaurant though and they work with you to get you whatever you want! It’s been great so far. Good luck in your searches!

Post # 7
34 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2012

A friend of mine is getting married here:  www.gennaroscatering.com/  It’s in Brooklyn, your standard catering hall.  What made her choose it was that it hooked her up with a nice package that included dj and limo. 

Not sure how it is, I’ll let you know in April when I go to her wedding.

Post # 8
7416 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Wow your looking for the holy grail of NYC weddings, large # of guests and small price. I don’t think its prossible with only $65. Best prices I found were for NJ but even that win as $89 on a off peak night/months.  If you bring your # of guest down to 100 rebar in brooklyn is a possible option, but they have a limited number of dates and times available. I was looking at them myself.

Post # 9
342 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

We had our reception in Snug Harbor at the Staten Island Botanical Garden.  It was a beautiful venue – an old library with huuuge ceilings that they converted to do catering.  Plus you have the entire botanical gardens to do the ceremony/photos in.  The per person price was around $105 in 2009 when we booked, so its probably around $115 or so in 2011.  Definitely one of the more unique and affordable places we looked.  And we did not want a typical catering hall type feel, so this was perfect for us.

Post # 10
21 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2012

You already know our venue but i will post anyway. We are doing a wedding for 100 guests for 5k. In NY. We are going with Aurora GAllery. We wanted that loft feel and this place was it. It included chairs and tables and lounge furniture,also bar. LOVE IT

The topic ‘Reception for 150 guest for about $10K’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors