Post # 1
Hey bees, I’m looking for some game ideas that our guest could play while they are at the reception. I saw Martha’s new magazine and I liked the suggestions that she gave, but I wonder if anyone else is doing something else. And Twister is completely out of the question 🙂
Post # 3
- Wedding: May 2010 - The Pierre Hotel
What were Martha’s suggestions? I think Trivia questions about you and the groom would be fun and generate discussion among guests!
Post # 4
In the most recent Martha Stewart Weddings’ recent edition one of her suggestsions is for a game fcalled “find-your-match” to be played as a way for guest to mingle & get to know each other.
How to Play
- Announce the rules early in the evening (consider asking a member of your wedding party to explain them). Each guest will receive a card with the name of one half of a famous couple–and will have until the end of the night to find it’s mate.
- Download MS’s heart cards here and print them onto card stock. Write a famous pair on each card, with one name on either side of the heart. Cut out cards along their outer edges, then cut each down the middle with decorative scissors. Place one card at each table setting.
Perfect Pair List
- Beauty/The Beast
- Eliza Doolittle/Henry Higgins
- Ginger Rogers/Fred Astaire
- King Kong/Fay Wray
- Lois Lane/Clark Kent
- Carrie/Mr. Big
- Elizabeth Bennett/Mr. Darcy
- John Lennon/Yoko Ono
- Blaire Waldorf/Chuck Bass
- Princess Leia/Han Solo
- June Carter/Johnny Cash
- Popeye/Olive Oyl
- Wendy/Peter Pan
- Bella Swan/Edward Cullen
- Kermit/Miss Piggie
- The list could go on and on….
Post # 5
My Fiance and I love games and were wondering how we could incorporate them into the wedding. We might take some Trivial Pursuit cards and have them on the tables.
Can anyone think of other games we could use?