(Closed) Reception hall holds 150, 159 on list not including plus ones

posted 6 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
4676 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I invited 170, around 120 rsvp’d yes, about 9 of those didn’t show for various reasons.  I think in the end we had around 115 (a couple people showed that I didn’t know about/wasn’t sure about) 

Post # 4
587 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

How many +1s?

Post # 5
8438 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

No one can really answer this question because it is different for every wedding. My sister and cousin both had 100% attendance. Whilst we had a lower RSVP yes count (less than 50%) as we had a Destination Wedding.

The only safe thing to do is invite the number that your venue can hold.

Post # 6
9056 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

It’s totally different for every wedding.  We invited 146 including +1’s and ended up with 91 yes RSVPs.  Then an additional 9 people didn’t show up on the day, so we were 82 including us.  But a good portion of DH’s family lives halfway across the country and got “courtesey invites”, and it was a Friday wedding, so a lot of people didn’t bring plus ones.

We tracked our guests on a spreadsheet, with a tick for their “assumed” reply, and actual replies so we could tell all along how things were coming along.  I would do the same in your case, and try to figure out conservatively how many of those people are likely to decline based on their specific factors.  Keeping in mind that sometimes a few courtesy invites actually show up!

Post # 7
11272 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2012

do yourself a favour.  don’t invite more guests than the venue will hold.  you are only asking for trouble and added stress.

Post # 9
587 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@brandybelle:  I think that’s too many over the max. PP’s are right, it’s different for everyone depending on the circumstances. My venue holds 100 and I will likely invite 110 and that’s because I know that if by some miracle 100% attend, we can just squeeze the people in.

Post # 10
3871 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I think the decline rate is about 10-15%.  

I think I invited about 150 people for a 130 people venue.  This was considering about 20% of my guest list was more than 2 hours away from the venue.   I had about 123 RSVP-yes and then I had about 12 no shows.  My parents invited some friends who weren’t on the list considering some of their friends back out.  In total I had about 115 people at my wedding. 

Post # 11
133 posts
Blushing bee

We invited 120, with about eight +1’s and so far everyone who is allowed to bring a guest is bringing one. Our limit is 125 and I only invited 120.

Post # 12
13015 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

No one can give you a real solid answer on this.  You really shouldn’t invite more people than you can hold.  Have you sent save the dates yet?  If you haven’t, find a way to chop off 9 people.  And later, if you can add them back in, no problem.  Once we sent Save-The-Date Cards, we had a bunch of people say they couldn’t make it (but our wedding involves significant travel for our guests).

Post # 13
4687 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2013 - Upstate NY

159 + plus ones might be too many for a max of 150. Are your guests local?

I invited 131 total, including plus ones, and I can ONLY fit 120! I am freaking. Most mine are local, but almost all of FI’s are coming from very far. What do you think?!

Post # 14
2692 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

We’ll see how this goes.  I don’t have a venue size issue, just a budget issue.  LOL. My venue can fit up to 250 people but I budgeted for 150.  I sent invites to just under 190 people. 

The topic ‘Reception hall holds 150, 159 on list not including plus ones’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors