(Closed) Reception Layout & Seating HELP!…

posted 8 years ago in Reception
Post # 4
67 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

What is the size of your space? I might be able to help out if you give me a few details like that!

Post # 6
46606 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

1.If the DJ is also MC’ing the event then I would have him on a riser so he can be seen.

2.Maybe I’m missing something but I don’t see the entrances and exits to the room marked.

I would have the table assignment board hung on the wall (use Command Hooks) or leaning on  a table near the entrance. That’s the point where people will want to know where to go.

I would have the guestbook right next to that, but on a separate table to minimize congestion at the table assignment board.

3. If I were doing a lounge area I would put it near the bar. I’m not sure if you have one one on your layout or not.

Post # 8
966 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I would turn the guest table arrangement, so they are parallel to the food table.  That way, no one will have to turn their head all the way around to watch toasts.  Also, it’d make better use of the space – it seems proportionally cramped between the dancefloor and the other three sides of the guests’ area.  I’d also move the DJ table closer to the wall, and switch the gift table and cake table (I’d rather leave my gift right when I enter the room instead of parading across the room with it.)  

Post # 9
2496 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 1991

@cyneswith: Good points. 🙂

OP, I would also switch up your tables a little bit.  What about putting them diagonally?  That actually will save you space, believe it or not!  If you put all the tables diagonally and shifted them down towards the food area just a tiny bit, you could set up a lounge area back by the juice bar (love that idea, BTW)

OR… you could do the opposite and move the tables more towards the upper right hand corner.  It would cut into that portion of the dance floor, but you could set up a lounge area closer to the food?  It would be nice for hors d’oeuvres to have more seating nearby.

Post # 10
2496 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 1991

ohh…. wait a minute haha… totally just realized your dance floor is in the middle.  That’s what I get for reading too fast. 🙂

Could your lounge area be by the right hand side?  Is that the entrance?

Post # 11
46606 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Even if they say you can’t hang anything on the walls, Command Hooks by 3M can usually be used. I would meet with the people from the venue and do a demo for them.

Command Hooks have to be put on the walls about an hour before using but when it is time to remove you just pull up and everything comes off with no marking to the walls.

Is there a reason that you are leaving so much empty space on the right hand side?

I too would consider placing your guest tables at an angle. More people can have a good view without craining their neck.

Post # 14
67 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Wow! Looks like you got it all figured out!!

If you  cannot put anything on the walls, try renting an easel or getting one at the art store. Cheap wooden ones can be painted to any style, and reused over and over again (or sold!)  Also, you can rent them for about 12 bucks at rental places too!

The DJ will look fine on the floor- unless he/ she requires risers for some reason, then there will be no problem!

Looks like you are going to have a marvelous reception!

The topic ‘Reception Layout & Seating HELP!…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors