Post # 1
Cocktail Hour 4-5
Reception 5:00-10:00 ish
– Grand Entrance 5:00
– Dinner 5:05
– Toasts- 5:20
– Visit Tables 5:30-6:00 (while guests finish eating)
– First Dance 6:05 (Have I Told You Lately That I Love You)
– Cake cutting 6:10-6:20 (Build Me Up Buttercup or How Sweet it Is to be loved by you)
– Mother son dance 6:20-6:25 (while guests eat their cake)
– Dancing- 6:25-7:25
– Garter/Bouquet: 7:25-7:35
– Dancing 7:35-10:00
– Last Song 9:55 (Don’t Stop Believing, Sam Tsui version)
It is just a rough draft right now but what do you think so far? Am i completely forgetting anything important?
Post # 3
Will you be doing a special dance with anyone?
Great to have a timeline…however everything is too close….you need some more “cushion time” and think about the overall logisitics
Post # 4
@Prestigious Occasions: i know we can leave me more cushion time in between things but the general structure is what im working on.
i will not be having a special dance with anyone =( my father daughter dance is no lpnger happening
Post # 5
You can dance with anyone you choose….this is a special moment in the reception for you….many traditions have changed.
Post # 6
@Prestigious Occasions: im not really sure at this point who that would be. my mother is walking me down the aisle. and there isnt really anyone that i am all that close to right now. in general the whole thing saddens me because whenever i thought about my wedding day i always knew id have my father daughter dance. and now my father is..not a nice man for lack of better wording