(Closed) Registered to vote under your maiden name?

posted 6 years ago in Names
Post # 3
129 posts
Blushing bee

@Magdalena:  I live in TX and had a similar issue.  All I had to do was go to the Secretary of State’s website and fill out an online voter registration change form.  It was really easy…I would check out your state website and see if there’s something similar.  At the very least there should be instructions about how to make changes, even if you can’t do it online.  

Post # 4
4582 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

You just need to re-register with your new info.

Post # 5
11422 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

As I recall, when I changed my name on my driver’s license, I also provided them with my new address and checked the box to be registered to vote in my new state, under my new name.

ETA:  Oops. I just realized that my post is confusing. I first had to change my name on my driver’s license in the state in which I was still living after the wedding.  However, once I sold my house and later relocated to be with Darling Husband full time, I had to apply for a new driver’s license in my new state, and that’s when I checked the box to be registered to vote under my new name, in my new state. Sorry that I did not explain that properly in my original comment.

Post # 6
3798 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

oh god i didnt even think of this.

does the name change train ever end!? i feel like for the next 6 months i’ll be changing my name on stuff.

ETA: I just downloaded the form and will send it in. Thank you so much for this reminder!

Post # 7
15963 posts
Honey Beekeeper

I live in Ohio, too. ๐Ÿ™‚

I updated my voter registration when I got my new driver’s license. I was also changing my last name and address.

I’m sure there’s a form you could download and mail in, or you could pop back over to the DMV and do it there. ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘Registered to vote under your maiden name?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors