(Closed) Registering & Small Weddings

posted 7 years ago in Gifts and Registries
Post # 3
7311 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast

We had 3 registries and 3 showers. My Maid/Matron of Honor hosted a shower for wedding guests and a select few people who wanted to attend, even though they knew that they were not on the guest list. Plus my co-workers threw me a shower, and Mr. Lk’s co-workers threw him a shower. Since we had both lived outside of our parents homes for a decade or more, we already had everything that we needed. So we opted to upgrade things. We registered for new white and red wine glasses. Between the 2 of us we had about 30 wine glasses, and yet none of them matched. We registered for new eyery day dinnerware to upgrade from our (again) mismatched stuff. We registered for fun family games for the Wii, a slipcover for the couch, a new down comforter for our bed, new baking sheets to replace our old-getting-rusty ones, etc.

Post # 4
1755 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

@Jenofdnile: I’m having a small wedding too!  Between 14-20.  We’re probably not going to have a shower, but do expect a few close relatives will give us gifts.  We’re going to register a couple places, but not really tell anyone because we’re planning to use the completion program discounts to outfit our home ourselves.  However, we really don’t expect to receive much of anything from it from anyone else.

The topic ‘Registering & Small Weddings’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors