(Closed) Registering for $250 sheets. Crazy?

posted 7 years ago in Gifts and Registries
Post # 3
610 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I would go ahead and register for them. I don’t think it’s an unreasonable price and maybe someone will see it on the list and buy them.

Post # 4
369 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I think you should register for them!  Our registry has a bunch of items in various price ranges — who knows, someone might buy them for you or pitch in with others to get them. 🙂

Post # 5
3041 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

If those are the sheets you want, I’d register for them. Nice sheets can get expensive. Plus, they could go on sale or maybe someone gets extra discounts there. Also, if no one gets them for you, usually after the wedding you get an extra discount for things on your registry.

You could always register for a 2nd set if you think $250 is too high.

Post # 6
7771 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

If you want me to be honest, I think it is a bit much personally. But that is just me.

If it is something you really want, and you know your crowd, then it might be okay for you.

Post # 7
2742 posts
Sugar bee

I think it’s an expensive price to pay for sheets but so what? The most that would happen is that no one buys it. I registered for a set of pots that are ridiculously expensive. If someone bought them for us, I’d be scared to use them to cook!

Post # 8
2821 posts
Sugar bee

You might want to register for a second pair of a bit cheaper ones as a backup, but there’s no harm in putting something a bit more expensive on, people can always go in as a group if it’s something you really want and you might get a discount if no one gets them for you and you still want them.

Post # 9
541 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Do it! I felt the same way about the more expensive stuff at first until FIs cousin sat me down and actually encouraged me to do it with the reason that this is the one time in your life people will spend that kind of money on things for you. What’s the worse that can happen, no one will buy them? And if that’s the case, most stores give you a discount on stuff that was on your registry but not bought.  I plan on updating mine again before the wedding with stuff that I don’t think people will buy, but want to get the percentage off on.

Post # 10
569 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Do it. What have you got to lose? As my Future Mother-In-Law told me, “People want to get you nice things. Let them!”

Post # 11
1036 posts
Bumble bee

I started my registry recently, and was trying to bargain shop at first and then thought..I’m not putting that many things on there (we are also registering for credit or gift certificates at our favorite furniture store, because we really NEED new furniture), so why not put what we like and need…folks can go together. Plus we have been together 11 years, so we have all the traditional registry stuff. I say go for it, this is your wedding and you only do it once, which is why people splurge on wedding gifts.

Weird lyrical reference…every time I add something to our registry I think of the song Matrimony by the Avett Brothers (my favorite band): “Holy plans and Holy gifts, Holy shit what did we get”. I’m not greedy I promise, that lyric just cracks me up and it gets stuck in my head when I work on our registry…

Post # 12
1361 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Well I sure wouldn’t buy them for you, because I cannot afford them. But that doesn’t mean that someone else won’t. I’d put them on but make sure you include less expensive things as well.

Post # 13
2600 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I would put them on there – but with an additional pair that coordinate (I know – not perfect color!) that are less. 

We’ve all had registry guilt I think – but just do it 🙂 We’ll never have another chance for people to want to outfit our homes with the stuff we really want! 

Good luck 🙂

Post # 14
994 posts
Busy bee

Do it. That’s not outrageous for truly good sheets. Sure, I get most of mine at TJ Maxx, but good sheets cost $$$. And it’s something you’ll use.

Post # 15
5984 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 1999

Do it!! When else will you ever get to ask for such nice sheets again? We have some great sheets from BB&B and the texture is amazing! If someone doesn’t purchase them for you, maybe you can combine gift cards to get them. Good Luck!

Post # 16
3520 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Do it–they aren’t THAT expensive if it’s the whole set and they’re really nice.

The topic ‘Registering for $250 sheets. Crazy?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors