Post # 1
we registered at Target, and our invites went out last week for my shower. I just checked the registry (I know BAD GIRL, will NEVER do that again)… and nothing was purchased (which I was expecting) , except there was a line for some folding chairs outdoor living that we did not register for. It said I asked for 1 and 5 were purchased. Could this be a computer gliche or do you think that you can add on to someone’s registry if you purchase something for them and have them scan it. ( never seen this before ) I am totally cool with getting things off the registry and was just curious if anyone else has had this happen?
Post # 3
I have heard a lot of people complain on here about Target registries doing similar things.
Post # 4
I don’t know about target’s registries, but I know that some places if they are purchasing their own things while shopping for your registry, sometimes those products are listed on the registry as well
Post # 5
the thing that is weird, is that they didn’t purchase anything else off the registry. Unless they scanned the registry even though they didnt purchase anything of it.
guess I’ll have to wait the 6 weeks til the shower! haha…no MORE looking !
Post # 6
Definitely keep an eye on your Target one. Here’s what I’ve found with them, both through my own and working with brides:
- Sometimes when you are registering and there are other people in the store registering, their items will appear on your registry and vice versa (it has to do with the scanner gun itself)
- Some items will appear only on the printed in store registry and not on your online one
- Items will sometimes come up as unavailable, the description will beceom just a random item code and the picture will disappear. This ‘fixes’ itself in time online.
- Some items that say online only are actually available instore
- If a guest gave your registry at check out for an item they purchased and you want to return it but they didn’t give you a gift receipt, you can go to the little kiosk and print your registry log. That can be used as a gift receipt
- Items that they sell online that are shipped directly from a manufacturer will NOT come with any sort of indication of who bought it for you
- Some items are packed overly well. Others they will just put in the box as is (I had a set of Captain Morgan Glasses that were placed in the large shipping box with other items with NO packing protection. They were all shattered)
- If you receive more than one box from a person, the gift note may not be in the first box, and they may not come at the same time
- If you have the order number from an online order you got, you can print a receipt online to return items if needed (you know, or shattered 😉 )
- You can manage the registry through t he kiosks in the store as well, and can call them to remove items that aren’t yours.
Post # 7
We had lots of items purchased for us at Target that were not listed on our registry! And most all of them were added to our list. At first I thought it was kind of odd, but in the long run, it was nice because if you needed to return something and didn’t have a gift receipt, it was on your list.
Post # 8
@WazzuBride: perfect. so odds are, we really did get the item added! I am pretty pumped right now! 🙂