Post # 1
I wasn’t sure where to put this, so hopefully Etiquette works! I have started our wedding website on The Knot, and under the Registry tab, it gives you the option to put a message to your guests along with the registry info. Problem is, we’re not registering and truly don’t want gifts or money, we just want our friends to come party with us! I wanted to put something like, ” We have everything we need and just want you to come celebrate with us! ” but don’t know if that sounds cheesy or braggy by saying we have everything we need. Anyone have an idea of what I could put there so it’s not just a blank registry page? Thanks!
Post # 2
You can “Hide” that page if you would like so that there isn’t even a visible Registry tab… but you might get more people asking/searching for where you are registered that way.
Post # 3
- Wedding: September 2017 - Poppy Ridge Golf Course
I would just make that tab hidden in your case. I think not registering speaks for itself and for the couple people who do ask just tell them you aren’t registered.
Post # 4
Okay, so I planned on doing what PPs had said and had eliminated the Registry tab, but now my Fiance is insisting I put something on the website that indicates no gifts. Please give me ideas of wording for expressing that we truly do not want gifts or money, we just want our friends and family to come celebrate with us! Thanks bees!
Post # 5
I know some couples who have done this on the registry section of their website – it makes a lot of sense, since that is where people will look to see if you are registered.
<div>Here is the list of text and wording samples you might find useful (disclaimer: I found these online haha):</div>
- Gift us only with the honour of your presence.
- Your presence is the best gift we can hope to receive.
- Please, no gifts. Your presence is a present to us.
- No presents please, just your presence.
- Please bring only your company and your appetite.
- Your presence at the celebration is enough of a present.
- Your presence is the only present desired.
- Your loving presence in our lives is a gift…we request no other.
- Your presence is the best gift you could give us.
- No presents please, just your loving presence.
- Your good wishes are the only gifts that we wish to receive.
- The presence of our family and friends will do, and make our day special too.
My thoughts: Maybe leave it off with a “we cannot wait to celebrate with you” or “we so appreciate your desire to celebrate with us!”