(Closed) Rehearsal dinner & wedding on same RSVP card?

posted 7 years ago in Etiquette
  • poll: Rehearsal and wedding RSVP in one?
    Yes : (2 votes)
    22 %
    No : (7 votes)
    78 %
    Depends/other : (0 votes)
  • Post # 6
    642 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

@lmoss78: Totally agree.

Our rehearsal dinner included all 98 of our guests because, with the exception of 5 local guests, everyone flew into Chicago for our wedding weekend.  Because of this, our RSVP card had three events for them to accept/decline: welcome bbq, wedding eve soiree (aka rehearsal dinner) and the ceremony/reception.  I agree wholeheartedly with lmoss78 here.  Only include both on the RSVP card if you intend on inviting all guests or you plan to create separate RSVP cards including both events for those invited to the rehearsal dinner only.  

We didn’t include a seperate invite though…guests knew about the weekend’s events from the STD 10 months earlier.  In the invitation suite was watercolor wedding map…on the back was printed the event details again and it said “please use your RSVP card to let us know which events you will attend.”

Post # 7
    642 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

Clearly something is off with all this “maintenance” and my comment somehow jumped above the OP!  Crazy…just for reference, my original comment should be #5.

And I am #5 (and #6).  I give up 🙂

Post # 3
    1843 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

Are you going to have two separate RSVP cards?  One that includes an RSVP for just the wedding (for those that are only invited to the weddnig) and a separate RSVP card for those that are invited to both? That’s the only way I would do it.  If I were a guest and received an RSVP with both the ceremony and rehearsal (and I wasn’t invited to the rehearsal), I would find that very strange.

Post # 4
    4336 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

Yes, it’s unusual. (I’ve never seen them together!) Why do you want to combine them instead of just sending a separate invitation? 

Post # 5
    273 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2012

I would say only include it in the same invitation if everyone is invited to both events.  Otherwise, there might be hurt feelings.

The topic ‘Rehearsal dinner & wedding on same RSVP card?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors