Post # 1
We are getting married in about 8 to 9 months so we are still looking at vendors.
Bil was very nice enough to suggest his friend’s company for photography. Bil even helped ask his friend a quote and his friend did give an average quote (we were comparing and they were not a better deal but an OK deal).
Anyway after some research we decided to go to another photographer because they gave better deals and we did like the other person’s style of photography better.
1. How to tell Brother-In-Law we decided not to go this friend’s company?
2. Do I tell his friend thanks for his time but we decided that another company is more suitable?
3. How should I proceed regardless without hurting anyone’s feeling haha.
Post # 2
Just say what yiy just wrote. “Thank you for your time in creating a quote for us however we decided to go in another direction”. You don’t have to give a reason and to be honest, you don’t really have to tell him you’re booking someone else. I’m in the industry and I have plenty of people who ask for a quote and then never get back to me. I don’t get offended or upset, it’s just part of the business. I always have another clients fillings my bookings anyway. The only time he needs to hear from you is when you want to put down a deposit to lock down your date. Trust me, he won’t be waiting by a the phone for you to call or “saving the date”. If another couple come along and want to book your date I’m almost certain he’d give it to them without giving you a second though. Sure, he may give you a call to give you a chance to put your deposit down first, but he won’t tell them, “no, sorry, I have another couple considering that date”.
Post # 3
They are a professionl treating you like a client. They are used to people comparing services and they may not always be the prefered choice. Don’t worry about feelings, thats just business