- 6 years ago
- Wedding: April 2013
So here’s the thing… FH and I have been engaged since April and wanted to be married by next fall at the latest. Fast forward to January and not a single thing has panned out for us, wedding-wise. Our plans for venue, officiant, and entertainment have all fallen through for different reasons. It’s so discouraging that right now we’re thinking of just saying to heck with it and having an intimate backyard ceremony with close family and friends in the spring. One of our friends even offered to get ordained for the occasion.
Problem is, we both have huge families that would probably never forgive us if we didn’t have some form of big reception that they could all attend. As of now the tentative plan is to have our little ceremony in May and a bigger ceremony/vow renewal with a full reception in 2013 when we have more time to plan and money to accomodate a larger number of guests.
On one hand I feel like this would give us the best of both worlds, but on the other hand I’m afraid its a little self indulgent to try and have it both ways. Should we do away with the small ceremony and push our real date to 2013 even though it kills us to wait so long, or should we keep both dates and have two seperate weddings (meaning a wedding and a renewal)? Anyone care to offer opibnions/advice?