(Closed) requirements fo rmarriage license? 2009

posted 11 years ago in Legal
Post # 3
153 posts
Blushing bee

Are you getting married in New York?  Where do you two plan to live?

I ask because if you plan to stay in the US after you get married, your FH needs a visa.  You’d have to apply ASAP to have any chance to get it by September.

http://www.health.state.ny.us/vital_records/married.htm is the information for New York.  I know in Illinois and Virginia, a foreign national needs to have an original birth certificate (or a notarized one) as well as his/her passport.  So I’d bring a bunch of IDs in that case.

HTH!  Congrats!

Post # 4
3525 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010


For NYC. Maybe try calling them to see what the requirements are for NY State and the special circumstances? Is he a US Citizen? I would definitely call and talk to someone especially if he’s not a US Citizen. And this will only be valid in NY State so I’m not sure what you would do if you were planning on living elsewhere after the marriage?

Post # 6
2204 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

great, glad you got it worked out!  It’s different for every state!

The topic ‘requirements fo rmarriage license? 2009’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors