- Mrs. Vet
- 7 years ago
- Wedding: September 2011
This is my first post after much lurking. Now I have a Terrible Dilemma!
Here is the story. Mr. Vet and I have been dating longer than a decade. We live 3000 miles apart. Therefore, I am extremely excited to FINALLY be together geographically and start our somewhat-delayed lives. All of this is long overdue.
Engagement: Valentine’s Day 2011 in Oahu. Perfect.
Our first wedding plan: August 2011 in Kauai. Hawaii is special for us, we wanted a small-ish wedding, and preferred to avoid all the crazy planning.
Then my Maid/Matron of Honor (my only and dear sister) announced she was unable to make that trip, for valid reasons. I was devastated, but Fiance insisted we reschedule to the mainland so she could be there for me. Super sweet!
Due to the last-minute nature of MOH’s news, we scrambled to find a new date and venue. We had to work around pre-planned vacations that our families were taking, leaving only one weekend in Sept. when both venue and families were available.
Everything started falling into place, and the venue even bought new chiavari chairs!
Then…the best man announced that he might not be able to go in Sept. !!!!
By this point, my gown is done, the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses are done, there is no way to change to a cold-weather wedding clothing-wise without starting all over. There are no alternative dates at the venue that work with our families.
Fiance is heartbroken, and wants to wait until…possibly NEXT SPRING. There is still no guarantee the best man will be able to attend then either, but it’s more likely. Also he MIGHT be able to go in Sept.
Fiance feels that we already switched for my Maid/Matron of Honor, this is the same with his best man.
I feel terrible for pressuring my Fiance to go on without his best man. I know I am being selfish, especially after what he did for my MOH! But I want to move forward with life, and the best man will never know his schedule.
So, please send in your votes! Do we go on with the show? Or do we tell all the guests AGAIN that the wedding is being moved, now for the best man’s sake? Try to change to a cold-weather event and get pashminas?? Skype the best man if possible? HELP!