(Closed) restaurant already booked for September 2013???

posted 8 years ago in Parties
Post # 17
474 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

We had the same issue !  We started in May 2013, figured it would be booked, which it was, went through our available dates for June and July and finally settled on August 2013.  COMPLETELY booked !!  Fridays and Saturdays !!  I was truely like WTH ??!?!?  Only one open was the Saturday of Labor Day, so we are going for it.  Our venue rep said there are dates booked until the end of 2013.  I was shocked.  I guess longer engagements are more common then before ??  

Post # 18
1375 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

The more popular places on the North Shore definitely fill up quickly.  When I emailed my venue shortly after getting engaged, they  had every Sunday in September open.  When I reserved my date, two of those Sundays had been grabbed up.  This was no later than June 2011, for a Sept. 2012 wedding.

Post # 19
1381 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

If it’s a super popular venue, I wouldn’t be surprised.

September is such a beautiful month to get married… and late September?  Swoon!  That would be my ideal time actually.

Post # 20
790 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Not that strange unfortunately. We visited our welcome dinner restaurant in early December 2011 inquiring about Nov. 2, 2012 and they had our date open, but they were already booked for the Fridays before and after that. If you’re trying to get a private event room in a popular restaurant, you’ll be competing with other brides just like you would for the ceremony or reception venue (or competing with corporate events, etc).

Post # 21
342 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Thank you guys for giving me the heads up on the Rehearsal Dinner. I called the place we wanted to have it. They’re free – thankfully – but they already have two dates in May 2013 booked up. But I was one of those brides that booked their venue early… Booked the venue March 2012 for a June 2013 wedding. Didn’t think I’d have to do that for the Rehearsal Dinner…

Post # 22
2692 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Wow, that is a little insane but I guess the top places do book up quickly.  Maybe they’re booked for a wedding?  I would try calling and seeing if maybe they had the year wrong.

The topic ‘restaurant already booked for September 2013???’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors