(Closed) Returning registry gifts to C&B and/or Macy’s?

posted 8 years ago in Gifts and Registries
Post # 3
1927 posts
Buzzing bee

I had registries at both places.  Macy’s was super easy.  We did get store credit, not cash, but they took everything back and tried to get us the most amount of money back that they could (checking what the person paid for it vs. what it’s currently listed as and giving you the higher amount).  And if you don’t need other stuff for your house you can always buy clothes! With C&B we actually didn’t need to return anything.  I would double check with them because they JUST changed their return policy from 90days after purchase to 30 days. I’m glad I didn’t have to return anything because it sounds like you were going to get screwed if the person bought your gift really early and it had already been over 30 days before they even gave you the gift.  Good luck!

Post # 5
110 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

As far as I understand, C+B will still allow returns/exchanges on wedding gifts as long as they were purchased off your registry, and I was told that they weren’t being as strict (30 days) with wedding gifts.  That might have just been the person that I spoke with, but they do have great customer service, and I’m sure that if you explain the situation to them, they would be reasonable with you.  🙂  Good luck!  

Post # 6
5886 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2010

Little known tip…by law credit cards have to give you back any balance on your card if you request it. So, for example, if you have a Macy’s card, have them credit back your card, then contact the credit card and ask for the amount to be sent to you in a check. A little bit of work, but you do get cash in the end.

The topic ‘Returning registry gifts to C&B and/or Macy’s?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors