Post # 1
My hubby and I are planning to get his vasectomy reversed soon since we want kids ASAP. Are there any other bees out there who have gone through this with their hubby/fiance? Just looking for any tips we can get! Thanks Bees!!!!
Post # 3
We haven’t dealt with this situation, but I was curious about how involved the procedure was so I looked it up. Here was a list of tips I found. Good luck!
After you return home, take it easy. You may be sore for several days, which you can treat with acetaminophen or, if your doctor prescribes it, acetaminophen plus codeine. You may also have bruising, but the discoloration should lighten and disappear after about two weeks. Any stitches should dissolve in seven to 10 days.
- For the first two days after surgery, avoid bathing and swimming.
- Refrain from sports and heavy lifting for at least three weeks.
- If you have a desk job, you’ll probably be able to return to work three days after surgery. If you perform physical labor or have a job that requires much walking or driving, talk to your doctor about when it’s appropriate to resume working.
- You shouldn’t have sexual intercourse or ejaculate for about four weeks. At that point, you may resume sexual activity.
- You’ll need to wear a jockstrap for several weeks at all times, except when showering. After several weeks, you’ll need to continue to wear a jockstrap during exercise.
Post # 4
Thanks! Ive seen a lot of those too, and they are all really helpful.
Post # 5
I only know one guy who got one. He had 3 girls, got a vasectamy, and wanted to try one more time for the boy and got… TWIN girls! They tried once more and finally got the boy.
Not super helpful, but at least it definitely worked for somebody!
Post # 6
@SapphireSun: Awesome, thank you!! I know they say if you reverse it within 10 years its chances are much high, but after the 10 years your conception rate drops way down. Here’s hoping We have the success he did!! 🙂