- 9 years ago
- Wedding: December 2009
I realized that I haven’t reviewed my dress vendor. Miss Lab used the same people – bridal_dress_4_u on ebay. I spent hours and hours looking for reviews of these guys, so I really should do a post.
I spent $750 plus 70 shipping I think for the dress. The bolero was $130 and the veil $110. I ordered the bolero/veil after the dress because I wanted to ensure that I liked the quality of the dress first.
I tried on the real Jim Hjelm dress (8761) and loved it, but didn’t want to spend $4G on it. So, I turned to ebay. I was so nervous about buying my wedding dress on ebay, so I messaged all kinds of reviewers for the store before I bought it. This made me feel a lot better about the purchase.
1. My concern when emailing random ppl was, do they have the same high standards that I have? I didn’t want a cheap-looking dress and was super freaked out that it wouldn’t meet my expectations.
2. It came and I love it. I really think the quality is great and I can’t tell the difference from the real JH dress (from what I remember – photos weren’t allowed at the salon where I tried it).
3. I sent in my measurements to have it made for my shape. It was much too big, however, like at least 1 or 2 inches everywhere. So I spent $225 on alterations (boning, taking it in, and bustle). But maybe my alterations were more expensive b/c I live in downtown Chicago. I do think that the mermaid shape is hard to fit perfectly without the actual body to alter it to. Mine turned out perfectly after alterations. I looooved wearing it on my wedding day.
4. The seamstress that altered my dress said that it was well made, good material etc. So, that’s definitely reassuring.
5. Christina is the contact person for bridal_dress. I emailed w/ her a lot before buying my dress. She sent pics of other dresses that they have done, pics of materials and was overall very helpful.
6. I also had them make a bolero and veil for me. It was perfect b/c all of the lace matched. I am so, so happy with the results.
I’m going to try uploading photos…I generally suck at this.
first – sexy model
second – me without it altered from two angles
third – wedding day (friend photos – don’t have the pro photos back)
[attachment=602698,78629] [attachment=602698,78632] [attachment=602698,78633] [attachment=602698,78634]