Post # 16
Barbiestylez: love my YSL foundatIon!! Question- how do u use/apply your nars orgasm illuminator? I bought it and love rubbing it on my shoulders, but I’m unsure where to put it on my face? I know the classic spot is on top of the cheekbones but I don’t want to look too pink. Thanks!
Post # 17
– all anastasia brow products I’ve tried so far (just make sure you get the right color- not too red or too dark. I use brow wiz just to line top & bottom, light application of dipbrow for entire brow, then the powder duo)
– hourglass immaculate liquid powder foundation
– hourglass ambient lighting powders (my favorites are dim, mood, and luminous. the combo of the immaculate foundation with these powders makes ppl say my skin looks healthy and like it glows from within and looks nicely photoshopped in pics- their products are just amazing)
– chanel rouge double intensite ultra wear lip colour ($35 per duo, but it’s the most moisturizing, forever lasting lip color where the color won’t come off even w/tons of kissing & you just apply the gloss from time to time, nice range of colors too)
– nars stick & cream concealers (great & don’t ever crack on me undereye or anywhere else)
– nars ita kabuki brush (key for contouring & blending for me)
– nars albatross (nice for that jlo, kim k golden glow)
Post # 18
Physician’s Formula talc-free mineralwear.
Revlon Photoready primer.
Great Lash mascara.
CO Bigelow Mentahlip balm.
They might not be splurges for some people but for a girl that doesn’t do makeup they’re all pretty pricey!
Post # 19
The only makeup I really splurge on is the Urban Decay makeup setting spray. Otherwise Target has everything I need.
Post # 20
My favorite splurge that I’ve gotten so far is the Lorac Pro Eyeshadow Palette. $42
Post # 21
raspberrymojito: I actually mix the YSL foundation with Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation so I get that mix of long wear and a glow:) To apply the NARS, I either use a thin blush brush and use the tiniest amount or I just use my fingers and dab it on the top of my cheekbones/where my blush stops. Just try it, start with a tiny bit and it looks so glowing. I used it for my wedding day too:)
Post # 22
I splurged $139 on this bad boy and it was totally worth it.
Post # 23
Ever since I moved out on my own 4 years ago, I have never gone on much of a makeup splurge. I have been really lucky in the drugstore though! However, if I could go to Sephora and the MAC Store here’s what I have been REALLY missing from my collection:
Makeup Forver HD foundation
Urban Decay Primer Potion
MAC paint pots (Love these for when I am in a hurry! They last forever too!)
They are worth the money, but the money just isn’t here at the moment! (lol) I would also love to try the newest bare minerals foundation, but in order for it to work properly you also have to buy the $30 brush.. along with the $30 foundation itself. EEEEEP. I may have to cave in and get the MUFE HD for the wedding though. It just makes my skin look perfect in pictures. I just need to stuff more money in my tip piggy bank.
Post # 24
Lorac Pro Palette. These are the butteriest and best eyeshadows I have ever used… Plus as a platte it’s just so veristle. I wish it was more travel friendly.
Lorac behind the scenes eye shadow primer. I like this better than urban decay primer potions. It never creases and the color hold all day. I find i get some fade out/fall out with the UD one after a while.
Nars blush. Faves are Oasis and Orgasm.
Armani Eyes to Kill Mascara.
Benefit They’re real mascara.
Buxom Lip Creme gloss in White Russian.
Too Faced Milk Chocolate bronzer (perfect contour shade for fair/light skin)
I really do like the Naked Palettes. I don’t consider them really expensive though for the amount of product you are getting.
Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencils. I don’t think I’ll ever use anything else.
I think my biggest splurge is always on brushes. What’s the point of spending money on nice products if you have crappy brushes? I like brushes that do the work for me and I’m always on the hunt for the newest and the best. Current faves that I would purchase again and again are MAC 239, MAC 219, MAC 217 and the IT Cosmetics Blush brush. It’s the same price point as MAC but I like the density better. Plus the shape just looks fancy.