Post # 1
Hey Bees! I’ve two questions and I’ll keep it simple:
1. Has anyone imported a ring to Ireland from abroad and what were the custom fees like?
2. Has anyone ever been to a wedding/gotten married in the Cotswolds (or similar vibe) and could recommend venues?
Post # 2
Here is a handy calculator to figure out the import fees, no comment on the venue
Post # 3
- Wedding: October 2019 - UK
My wedding venue is just outside the Cotswolds at Ettington Park Hotel near Stratford-upon-Avon. What type of venue are you looking for?
Post # 4
Somewhere quaint that really captures the old English countryside feel of the Cotswolds. Does that make sense? I’m not from there so I don’t know any venues yet, but somewhere rather small like a country house maybe? May I ask are weddings very expensive in the Cotswolds?
Post # 5
Unfortunately that link doesn’t work but I’ll try to google it! Thank you! KKJohnson :
Post # 6
- Wedding: October 2019 - UK
Are weddings excessive in the Cotswolds? Depends maybe where your from. I’m in the south near London, which is very expensive so the Cotswolds is cheaper for me. But if your from the North or Scotland the Cotswolds are probable more expensive then your used to. I have no idea compared to Ireland.
If you want an manor house that comes with a bit of a price tag. They are usualy also very stricked on the catarers you are alowed to use so if thats not in your package the price can get out of hand quite quickly. Best option is to go for one that is turned into a hotel. If you want exclusive use that again can be expensive but still some have good deals in of season times.
We looked at a place called The Swan Hotel in Bilbury the Cotswolds, not a really a manor house but in a very pretty part of the Cotswolds on the edge of a lovely little town. Unfortunately it was too small for us. I think it had 20 rooms or so.
If you find the Cotswolds too expensive then I found that in Cornwall and Devon you can get quite good prices, also in Whales. The reason I did not have my wedding there is because I needed a place not too far from major airports.
Post # 7
- Wedding: February 2020 - City, State
Hi ! I have a little info on some of this.
1.We originally looked at importing a ring from James Allen to the Uk due to the cheaper prices but the import fees and tax on top made it the same price as buying over here. I suggest you look at websites from the jewellery quarters in Birmingham or London (Hatton garden) for great prices ! This is what we did in the end and got an amazing deal.
2. Depending on your guest numbers a Cotswold wedding can be anywhere from £10,000+, we were looking at spending around £13,000 for 50 day guests and 130 evening. I found that generally the closer to Bristol/south you go the more expensive. Previous posters are right when they say the Cotswold venues generally limit you on caterers, they can also have issues with accommodation so if your travelling it’s important to remember. Here are some of the ones we considered and their vibe, none of them huge and fairly intimate due to our small numbers:
Almonry barn – barn
Hyde house – barn vibes with another venue option
Eastington park – Manor House/stately home
manor by the lake – Manor House/stately home
The pear tree Purton – hotel having an orangery refurb
Priston mill – barn/old mill Waterhouse
The frog mill – hotel
Crisps barn – barn
Kingscote barn – barn
Like I said these are just the ones we looked at – there are so so many beautiful venues in the Cotswolds. Good luck !x
Post # 8
Thank you so much for all of that! Brill advice x meganailishx :