Post # 32
I use tap water, baby soap and a toothbrush. If I feel my ring is extra dirty I will soak it longer in the water. After I rinse it I dry it with blow dryer. I feel the dryer makes the biggest difference in sparkle.
Post # 33
I’ve heard not to use Windex because of the ammonia…something about it damaging the metal? Not sure, but I never tried it. I usually use dish soap and hot water, soak for a bit and then scrub with a soft toothbrush and rinse and dry. In a pinch, a quick spray of rubbing alcohol and a rinse will make it sparkle again.
Post # 34
@wanabeabee: u can take it to any jewelry store and they will clean it for free 🙂
Post # 36
I use jewelry cleaner and a toothbrush. Works great on the prongs!
Post # 37
What about on a gemstone?? I have a slightly softer gemstone and half of the tricks noted above will scratch the beejeebes out of a gemstone.
Post # 38
WHOO!! YOU LADIES ARE AWESOME!! Thanks for all the advice!!!!!!!!! Showed all your awesome advice to FI and he was like DAMN! These ladies know there stuff! I tried out the dish soap and baby tooth brush on Saturday morning it looks a million times better!!!!! Even in the dark basement townie bar we went to Saturday night it was still sparkling like crazy! But I’m defiantly investing in a diamond dazzle stick!
Post # 38
Post # 39
I soak it in hot soapy water then blast it under my espresso machine with the steamer wand.
Post # 41
- Wedding: June 2014 - Gold Hill Gardens
We were told to use warm water, an extra-soft baby toothbrush, and mild dish soap.
Post # 40
Dish soap and a toothbrush or Q-tip, rinsed in cold water, and then dried with a microfiber cloth.