(Closed) Ring has yellow tint or is it just a warm diamond?

posted 7 years ago in Rings
  • poll: Does the center stone have a yellow tint of is it a warm diamond?
    Yellow Tint : (20 votes)
    17 %
    Warm : (90 votes)
    78 %
    Other : (6 votes)
    5 %
  • Post # 17
    2622 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

Depends on the light I guess.

First, no

Second warm

Third is pretty yellow

Post # 18
    227 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

It looks warm in the last photo, but I wouldn’t say yellow.

Post # 19
    4251 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: February 2009

What is the difference?  It looks warm to me.  Which I think means has a yellow tint.

Post # 20
    652 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

I can see some warmth in the last picture, but it is beautiful! I like a tiny bit of warmth! 

Post # 21
    2452 posts
    Buzzing bee

@ClassicLady:  I didn’t notice a tint at first. Then I read 

View original reply
    @canarydiamond‘s comment and now I notice a slight tint in the last picture. 

Post # 22
    1119 posts
    Bumble bee

It’s gorgeous! Your very lucky to get such a nice diamond handed down to you! 🙂 if it bugs you you can always get a new setting with h/I color diamond in the halo it would probably make your center look whiter! Either way ita beautiful! 

Post # 23
    17 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: July 2015

Hello im a new wedding bee! My ring also has a yellow tint but everyone that sees it falls in love with it. I kind of like to be honest because i feel its different and I like being different. Enjoy it because your ring is truly beautiful as well.

Post # 24
    424 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

I think it’s beautiful and love the sentiment behind the diamond – and the color difference is sort of showcasing the old to new again aspect and is only noticeable because you pointed it out 🙂

Post # 25
    2452 posts
    Buzzing bee

View original reply
    @joheymi:  Very pretty ring! I love warm stones!

Also, I think you and I have the same keyboard cover 😉

Post # 26
    33 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: August 2016

congrats on your engagement. what a beautiful ring

Post # 27
    9948 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: December 2012

To be honest I LIKE YOUR RING

It looks fine… sure the Feature Diamond is a bit “warmer” than the surrounding Diamonds but that doesn’t have to be a bad thing.

It is what it is… if YOU LIKE IT.. that is all that matters.

Education tho… is always a good thing… so here is some help in that regard

— — —

Re – Diamonds & Colour

When people talk Diamond Jewellery they tend to talk of two different types of Diamonds.

The first is the “Colourless” or White Stones that most of us associate just with the word Diamond…

With these stones, when it comes to Colour, the top end is “colourless” & clear… like a pane of glass, or water.  These less colour, the more expensive the Diamond.

The top of Colourless is “D”… and goes down the alphabet from there all the way to Z, each grade getting a wee bit “warmer” (more colour… shades of white / yellow in it) than the last.

After J you are truly into Diamond that have more colour that is noticeable.

And around S the colour is most definitely Yellow and so the Diamonds below that grade are called YELLOW DIAMONDS

Which brings us to the second category… naturally occuring Coloured Diamonds / Fancy Diamonds … these have gained in popularity in recent years

With exotic names and shades… Yellow – Champagne – Amber – Brown / Chocolate – Pink – Blue – and Black.

Those have their own Colour Grading similar to White Diamonds… altho in this case one tends to PAY MORE for the more colour that the Diamond exhibits

GOOGLE IMAGES – Coloured Diamonds = https://www.google.ca/search?q=coloured+diamonds&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=kEfkUtusIs_zqwHko4GgDQ&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=589

(Where you’ll find lots of examples… and some examples of colouration grading sheets etc)

— — —

If you don’t know a lot about Diamonds, and want to learn more… I find that the Diamond Education Pages on the Blue Nile Website is a good place to start

http://www.bluenile.com/ca/diamonds/diamond-education?elem=head&track=main1

Hope this helps,

Post # 28
    17 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: July 2015

View original reply
    @MissMarple:  Laughing Thank you! Gotta love pink mac keyboards lol

Post # 29
    283 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2015

I couldn’t really tell from your original post if you thought “warmth,” or “yellowness” would be a negative thing, but I must say I think it’s very pretty! The center stone does look very slightly warmer than the surrounding stones, but I think it has a gorgeous effect. The faint yellowness of the center stone surrounded by the smaller, whiter stones reminds me a bit of a daisy, and the effect is so very lovely!

Post # 30
    10570 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: December 2013

I really like the fact that the center diamond is warmer than the accent diamonds..it gives it contrast..my ring is like that as well and I love it

Post # 31
    965 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

I happen to love warmer diamonds because they look good on my skin tone, mine is an L in color so go figure. It is likely your inherited diamond is warmer in color and when you surround it with bright white stones you may be able to tell, but honestly I think it looks absolutey beautiful and I wouldnt worry about it.  What a blessing to be gifted with a cetner stone that means so much.  Very beautiful ring.

The topic ‘Ring has yellow tint or is it just a warm diamond?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors