(Closed) Ring size poll… Aka am I only one with big hands?

posted 7 years ago in Rings
  • poll: What size ring do you wear?
    Less than 5 : (128 votes)
    22 %
    5-5.5 : (129 votes)
    23 %
    6-6.5 : (111 votes)
    20 %
    7-7.5 : (96 votes)
    17 %
    8-8.5 : (61 votes)
    11 %
    9-9.5 : (31 votes)
    5 %
    10 or over : (13 votes)
    2 %
  • Post # 47
    279 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

I worked with a lady who wore XXL size 20 and her ring size was a 4..    meanwhile I wear a L 12/14 and my ring size is 8.   my hand in general is larger than hers though,  longer fingers etc.     It doesn’t bother me much.  I have a feeling if I were to lose weight and fit into a size S/M clothes I would lose a few ring sizes..  doubt I would ever get under ring sz 6 no matter what my weight is though. 

Post # 48
    1647 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2013 - Rustic mill, historical site

I wear a 4, fh wears a 8 but it’s loose, lol,

Post # 49
    4605 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: March 2014

I wear a 9. I have short, fat fingers.

Post # 50
    98 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: November 2013

View original reply
    @Ice_cream:  Lol, you’re pretty much exactly my size!  5’4-5’5″ and 125-130.  Size 6 finger too.

I always thought my hands were on the smaller size until I came here.  I have a very petite/fine boned friend, and she wears a size 5-5.5.  Only on the Bee have I heard of people wearing size 4 and below – and it seems to be commonplace here!

Post # 51
    663 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

I’m 5’9″, thin, and have very long, thin fingers too. My ring is size 5.

Pic:

Post # 52
    2143 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: July 2015

I wear a size 8. I feel normal in real life… but huge on weddingbee Frown. I’m also short and chubby, so I feel your pain. I also feel like it makes my diamond look much smaller than it is. It sucks. 

Post # 53
    747 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
    @MissRhino:  Your set is so pretty. All the little details are so dainty and pretty. 

Post # 54
    576 posts
    Busy bee

I’m 5’8, and not super skinny, but a healthy weight. My left hand ring finger is a size 8, it gives me a ring muffin top, because I have chubby fingers, but an 8.5 is too loose, so I have just learned to live the the muffin top, lol. My right hand ring finger is an 8.5. I have lost 80 lbs in the last couple years, but my ring sizes haven’t changed, my fingers are as chubby as they’ve ever been. My Fiance has decided that my fingers contain my emergency fat reserves, so they’ll be the last part of my body to ever lose weight, lol. My fingers are super short too, my hands are actually tiny lengthwise, just chubby!

Post # 55
    2541 posts
    Sugar bee

Im 511 and a clothing size 18-20 and my ring size is 8

Post # 56
    4654 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

@HappyHannah1980:  6.5 I think? My e-ring is a 7 and I had to put some rubber bands on the bottom to make it fit, but it was already very close. My knuckles are huge though :-/ so fitting rings is always tough. (I’m normal weight, so it’s not that, I just have stupid finger bones I guess.)

Post # 57
    9950 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: December 2012

I’ve always understood it to be that Size 7 is the ring size is what the majority of people take (just like size 7 is the shoe size that most North Americans wear)

Lol, hands are sort of like feet.

Some are longer, some are wider.  No two people have identical.

I am a Size 7 (both hands)… but my hands are very very tiny, and my fingers short and stubby.  I almost look like I have kid hands in fact.

So not all jewellery suits me… I have to be very particular about the rings I choose to wear.

Which is precisely WHY I insisted with Mr TTR that we go ring shopping together.

Post # 58
    292 posts
    Helper bee

In Australia, my size is measured as O 1/2, which I think is equivalent to 7.5. I am 5’4″.

Post # 59
    151 posts
    Blushing bee

I’m 5’5″ and wear a US ring size 5.5. I feel like I have tiny, bony little fingers!

Post # 60
    422 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: May 2006

@HappyHannah1980:  I was just about to post this! I also wear a size 8, but I think the number of bees with tiny hands/small fingers is sort of disproportionate to the real world. Here, the highest percentage is 5-5.5, but there must be a reason that the standard size in stores is 7 (ie, that’s the most common size). 

A ring salesman once told me that there’s some corelation between shoe size and ring size, and for me, that’s true (size 8 ring fingers and feet), and for my husband it’s also true (13 on both counts), but I don’t know if that’s really true all the way around. 

Post # 61
    165 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: Camp Hope

5′ Street size 5-6. I wear a 5-5.5 Ring size. 5 fits but my hands swell sometimes and it is hard to get off. I uped to 5.5 and have a little “muffin” although the ring is not tight at all. (don’t have to worry about it falling off but it doesn’t constrain my finger. 

The topic ‘Ring size poll… Aka am I only one with big hands?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors