(Closed) Rings & you

posted 7 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
2442 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I dress professionally at work and church on Sunday.  But I like to think I add a bit of unique flair to an ordinary outfit.  I don’t wear many accessories but a typical outfit is professional slacks, classic heels/pumps, classic blazer and then a coloful and/or unique blouse for that little bit of flair.  Or maybe an ordinary outfit from head to ankle but a unique pair of shoes. I like to have one thing that pops.  You’ll find me in sweats and slippers shortly after I get home from work and it’s usually jeans and a T-shirt on the weekend unless I have somewhere special to go.  

I have an ering that is a solitaire with side accents and ribbon detal and two plain wedding bands and it is TOTALLY my style.  Plain bands – ordinary.  Solitare – ordinary. Side accents with ribbon detais – unique flair.  I think my rings go with anything casual or fancy.   

Post # 4
2731 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

I think my ring matches my style pretty well. I’m a pretty casual girl, too. For the most part I wear jeans and t-shirts, but I do wear cute blouses sometimes too. I also love a fun dress and cardigan. I mostly wear sandals, so my toenails are always painted. As for makeup, you should see my vanity. I have drawers of makeup, and I use it. I think a lot of people would say that I wear a lot of makeup, but I think it makes me look like “me.” And I don’t over-do it drag queen style or anything. I also always do my hair, mostly just blow drying and straightening it, but I get more compliments on my hair than anything else, so I guess I’m doin’ it right. Haha. As for my ring, it’s quite delicate. It’s sort of classic/simple with a twist. It’s like a cross between a solitaire with side stones (pave band) and a halo. The halo sits about 3/4 of the way down on the basket of the stone, and doesn’t stick out as much. I love it ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 5
3776 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 2004

I like to be dressed and put together.  Jaqueline Kennedy is my personal fashion icon.  You can usually find me in trousers and a blouse and a cardigan or jacket.  When people see me I like for them to think “There is a woman who knows who she is”.  I wear make-up everyday and always have jewelry on.  I am the stay at home mom who looks like she works in an office.  In the summer I enjoy wearing cute summer dresses.  I wear heels almost everyday.  My hair is in a chin length bob and dried upside down for volume.  I think my rings are perfect for me because they are traditional and distinct without being gaudy or trendy.

Post # 6
2731 posts
Sugar bee

@MrsFuzzyFace: I just love your answer!! I can just picture how stylish you are now!

Post # 7
2731 posts
Sugar bee

@2ndtime: Your rings are so lovely! And I loooove that the bands are flat-edged. That’s exactly the type of wedding band I want!

Post # 8
263 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

My style is Jeans and a T-shirt, light makeup (eyeliner, foundation, mascara, lipgloss) and I either have my hair down naturally or ponytail. Nothing exciting or interesting for me but the ring I want and have fell in love with seems the oppisite of me, it’s that’s gorgeous, classy and vintage style, very high mantenence, red sequin dress kinda ring, if rings wore dresses Tongue out

Post # 9
2731 posts
Sugar bee

@MissTiger: Haha! I love that! “Red sequin dress kinda ring”

Post # 11
1271 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

i dunno.  i guess i’m pretty casual…i rarely wear makeup, and when i do it’s minimal.  (eyeliner and maybe a bit of shadow, mascara, and lip gloss.)  i always wear jeans and a casual top (sometimes actually a tshirt, sometimes not) or a sweater.  i wear very little jewelry, usually just some u-shaped barbells in my earlobes and a little stud in my nose.  so, plain but still classy, and maybe a bit unexpected?  maybe.  i feel weird talking about myself in this kind of detail.

i think my lovely fits that description quite nicely.

Post # 12
5657 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: February 2012

I love Roots, that pretty much describes my style lol. At least, my current style. I tend to change my look every 2-3 years. I have a simple solitaire ring that I think would match any outfit, fancy, casual or even rugged outdoorsy to a degree! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 15
2731 posts
Sugar bee

@DeathByDesign: OH! Haha! It must be, or maybe I’m just out of the loop, which is entirely possible. I’m glad to know that your style is not inspired by the Roots I was thinking of.

Post # 16
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2011

My ring matches my style, which is classic with a bit of edge.

The diamond is an intense canary yellow and both bands are platinum with pave diamonds.

The topic ‘Rings & you’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors