- 4 years ago
Hi All –
I got engaged in July, to be married this July, and had the pleasure of picking out my own ring! When I went ring shopping I had already lost a lot of weight and was still losing. I wanted a ring with diamonds in the shank/pave, but the jewellers cautioned me away from that if sizing would likely need to be adjusted within a year anyway.
This is what I wanted:
So I picked a diamond and a simple solitaire setting. My thought was that I can pick out a blingy band closer to the wedding when sizing would be less of a concern.
This is my ring:
I ordered the ring at a size 9.75. I have lost 60 pounds since then and I am now getting sized at a 7.75. My goal is to lose another 40, but, I could lose more than that. I am worried about picking out a band, losing a significant amount of weight, and then having issues with sizing it down. This is the type of band I was considering:
I don’t mind my simple solitaire, but I don’t love it. I could see myself in the future wanting to get it reset either into a wider mm solitaire with double prongs like this, or the super sparkly one above.
So here are the options I am considering:
1. Buying a diamond wedding band like pictured above and keeping my ring set as it is. This is taking a risk that my finger size won’t go down another 2 sizes or more.
2. Keep my setting as it is now. Buy a cheap stand in band for now until my weight stabilizes. Then, in a couple years, consider getting a nicer band, a new (blingy) setting, or both.
3. Reset to a solitaire I like more now because I am not worried about resizing that. Either get a cheap stand in band to go with it until my weight stabilizes or just buy a diamond wedding band above and hope I don’t need to worry about sizing.
If you were to get a stand in band, what would you do? This is what I am considering:
1. Plain white gold comfort band
2. Band from etsy/Amazon. Tons of options — I could get a silver band, a white gold plated band, or 10k white gold. Almost all of these have options for less expensive diamonds or CZs. Do you think those would be fine as I will likely only wear it for a year or two? Would you do CZs in this instance?