Rock metal 90s grunge or early 2000 rock first face walk down the aisle songs?

posted 2 years ago in Music
Post # 2
4504 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Totally not helpful, but I had a friend who walked to ‘Today’ by the SP. I was like “um, you REALLY don’t know what that song means, buddy”

A lot of the Pumpkins stuff is dark as heck from my hazy 90’s memory. Is it more the music that is important? Or the meaning/ lyrics? I always interpreted the song Love to be a bit of a mockery of Love itself. But that is just my interpretation. I drank a lot in the 90’s, don’t judge me. 

Post # 4
4504 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

View original reply
heatdisneybride :  Today is about the day he felt the most suicidal in his life, hardly what one wants at a wedding 😛

If you are set on those types of songs had you thought about getting an instrumental sans lyrics? It can still be a rock version, not nasty elevator muzak! 

Post # 5
2252 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2019

So it’s a little bit newer and not SP but I love the song “Sound of Pulling Heaven Down” by Blue October for a first dance song! 

I would go with Stand Inside Your Love, 33, or Luna if you are set on some SP 

Post # 6
3237 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2017

A friend had a string quartets play “bohemian rhapsody” while she walked down the aisle.

Not helpful but you might look for instrumental versions of songs you love.

Post # 7
846 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Many songs of that era are quite dark lyrically – depends on how much that means to you. Some suggestions:

Nirvana – About a Girl
Bush – Glycerine
Weezer – Island in the Sun
REM – Nightswimming
Smashing Pumpkins – Tonight, Tonight

Not grunge/rock but from a similar era:
Nick Cave – Into My Arms
Mazzy Star – Fade Into You

Post # 8
766 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2019

What about SP cover of Landslide? Or their cover of Dancing in the Moonlight? Both a little slower. I love the Pumpkins so could go on for days.

Most of All – Fuel

Rhinoceros – Smashing Pumpkins

Once Upon A Time – Smashing Pumpkins

Thirty-Three – Smashing Pumpkins

Nothing Else Matters – Metallica

I Want You – Third Eye Blind

Post # 9
10548 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: City, State

What bands do you like? I would use a song from a band you actually like/listen to/know.

Ideas:

Stirb Nicht Vor Mir by Rammstein 

Post # 11
10548 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: City, State

View original reply
heatdisneybride :  Manson is my wheelhouse. If you like Manson try something like Last Day On Earth (acoustic version). My husband and I met at a Manson show and follow him around the country so I almost used it as our first dance song but ended up with something shorter.

Post # 12
1886 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2016 - Gorse Hill, Surrey, UK

we walked out together after the ceremony to Muse ‘Feeling Good’

Post # 13
325 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
heatdisneybride :  Maybe Parabol/Parabola by Tool? About as positive as that band gets… 

I read somewhere that quite a few people get married to Placebo’s Without You I’m Nothing which is that era too and a great song but seems a little dark for a wedding. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors