Roll Call -Long time Bees with over 1500 posts!! ✅✅

posted 2 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 106
1582 posts
Bumble bee

I’ve been here for 6 years…but I had a different account for most of that time.  I put up personal photos and then decided that was no good for me in my field (for privacy and safety).  I probably had about 1500 comments before.  Not sure how many I have now.  

Post # 107
5897 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2013

I got “into” wedding bee 10 years ago when it was really about the blog and at some point got into the boards.  When I started reading Bee was actively runing the site and blogging.  Back then I was years away from getting engaged and was just sort of dreaming about marrying my Boyfriend or Best Friend (now DH).  At this point, I’ve been married almost 5 years.  I intentioanlly didn’t have an icon for a long time because I didn’t want to be identifiable, but eventually put one up as my posts became less personal. 

My interest in WB has nothing to do with weddings at this point.  It’s just a really interesting and active community with a pretty solid UI (on desktop, anyway).  My fav posts are always financial, and I always find it to be so funny that the best financial posts are never actually under the finaical category (often in relationships, married life, and emotional).

Honestly, WB is an unhealthy compulsion for me.  I find myself typing in the web address when I’m supposed to be doing soemthing produtive (like right now) and then falling down a rabbit hole.  It’s so much easier to spend my time wrapped up in giving advice with no consequences than doing actual hard work.

Post # 108
1510 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

cmsgirl :  omg yes I remember her! I was just a lurker then but that was really intense. Probably the juiciest WB gossip to date!

Post # 109
1994 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

cmsgirl :  I was pretty involved in the bee at that point and had interacted with her indirectly a lot during wedding planning. I missed like one night on the bee and suddenly all hell broke loose! It was crazy to find out the truth.

Other memorable posts I remember from back in those days:

The girl who’s friend wouldn’t return her cat after cat-sitting

The bride who somehow ended up having multiple goats gifted to her by coworkers when she didn’t register (well the goats were donated to a farmer or something) and she couldn’t figure out how to ask for a real gift instead

The bridesmaid having to stay in some shared cabin for $200 for the entire weekend of her friend’s wedding? I think that one was more recent.

The girl who couldn’t convince her man to properly wash his butt (lol!)

Post # 110
4272 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

I joined spring 2015 when we were engaged.  I love advice sites  and am an advice junkie.  I had another one I was on regularly, but people on there started getting snippy and just plain out mean, so I was looking for a new advice site.  Not necessarily for wedding stuff, but this was how the cookie crumbled.  I’ve been more MIA this past year because of a crazy work schedule, but I still check in every once in a while.  I’m up to 4400 posts, which doesn’t seem possible haha.

The most memorable posters was by far Kacey23.  I still wonder whatever happened to her…

Post # 111
4644 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

I missed this thread back when it was posted, so sorry about bumping this.

I joined in 2011 right before my husband and I eloped.  I discovered my love of rings and jewelry through this site and it’s also been a huge support for me in so many ways – through elopement advice, ring advice (and multiple re-settings lol), immigration to the US, TTC, etc. 

I have not been as active in the last year, but I check in periodically and love to read what is going on in the world of Weddingbee!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors