(Closed) Rookie question!

posted 8 years ago in DIY
Post # 3
7975 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

I don’t know about stencils, but if you have a program like Illustrator and can create it on the computer (or scan in a high res copy?), I know Michael’s sells that iron on transfer paper. Just make sure you flip the image (mirror image) before you print them.

I used that stuff to make my mom a photo quilt a few years back, and it works great!

Post # 4
1078 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2009

You can also think about making your custom design into a rubber stamp here:


You just send them your design, and they make it into a stamp for you. I did this for our monogram, and I loved how it turned out. They do a great job.

Post # 5
916 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2010 - Al Cielo / La Laguna

Know anyone with a cricut and custom software for it?  You can use chip board and cut your monogram out with it into a stencil.  Or maybe put an alchemy request up on etsy once you have the design done.

Post # 6
604 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

You can also buy stencil plastic that you can trace (or in some cases print) your design onto (because it’s mostly clear) and then cut out with an craft knife.  I did this for making homemade envelope liner templates a bit more sturdy.

Post # 7
1385 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

We bought stencil plastic and X-Actoed out a traced copy. It came out great, I would attempt that before dropping all the change on having one professionally made :o)

Post # 8
1982 posts
Buzzing bee

For the Out of Town bags, I’d use the stencil like others have suggested.

For the monogram, scan it and have someone you know clean it up with illustrator? I don’t know. You could scan it in and have someone replicate it at etsy, too… that may be easier, but not very cost effective.

Good luck!!!

The topic ‘Rookie question!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors