Post # 46
They look fantastically in love, which was super sweet. But for what several places are saying is likely a several hundred thousand dollar dress…I expected a little more. But I love her hair and make up. I feel like I remember somewhere seeing an article about how she hates when magazines and stuff photoshop her freckles and such so natural make up makes sense. I am very curious what about that dress made it so expensive.
Post # 47
I watched the recap this morning on the news. I have similar reactions to many of the PPs. A little underwhelmed by the dress but I think she would honestly look beautiful in a potato sack. Yes her makeup was simple but she still looked gorgeous. The happiness on both of their faces is what sealed the deal though.
Post # 48
To me it looks like she lost some weight right before the wedding (understandable given all the family drama she had to deal with!) and it made the dress look a bit loose across her chest and torso. Same thing happened to me…but I didn’t have a staff of seamstresses on call to fix it last minute…you’d think in Megan’s case someone would have tightened that bad boy up the morning of! Or maybe it’s meant to be worn a bit loose, I dunno.
Either way I am nitpicking…I think she looks completely stunning as always even if I’m not a huge fan of the dress. She is so naturally beautiful and I love that she went with an organic look makeup-wise. Harry looks so smitten. Can’t wait to see what she changes into for the reception!
Also interesting that Kate wore white! The horror! I guess the Brits aren’t as uptight about that stuff as Americans are lol.
Post # 49
Why yes, yes it did. I had no doubt that her tiara was a legitimate piece of craftsmanship, but it still looks gaudy nontheless, especially when paired with a dull dress. Perhaps if it didn’t stand out so much, it’d look better suited. Royals don’t determine my opinion of class simply because they put it on their bodies. At the end of the day, though, my opinion on fashion should make no difference to anyone, lol.
Also if we want to get into linguistics, to the disappointment of purists, if a word or phrase is used or spelled “incorrectly” commonly enough, and the intended implication isn’t lost, it becomes legitimate…that’s how languages evolve. For example, how the word “literally” has (quite ironically) been officially defined in dictionaries as another word for “figuratively” since so many people started using it that way. It should be no surprise that a dead language is so often appropriated to words we’re already familiar with, despite whether it makes much sense or not. That being said, I would like to revert to using “per se” now that I’m aware of the proper spelling, but it’s not something worth nit-picking, imo.
Post # 50
- Wedding: May 2016 - Sussex, UK
£100,000/ $135, 000 USD. Maybe includes the train…She would have got it all for free though.
Post # 51
I agree with you about the tiara. I don’t care which famous royal wore it originally – it looks grandmotherly and ostentatious to me. I think something sleeker would have suited that dress much better.
Post # 52
- Wedding: May 2016 - Sussex, UK
Yes I thought it might be some weight loss in the last week but alterations could have been made up until this morning.
As a Brit i was a bit surprised by Kate’s outfit choice as you just don’t wear that colour to a wedding. Maybe as the future Queen Consort she feels she can wear what she likes.
Post # 53
Though I think we can all agree the most beautiful thing about Meghan on her wedding day was her beeming smile, especially when she would peek at her new husband…so sweet! You can definitely see how much they love each other. No doubts that they’re marrying for the right reasons 🙂
Post # 54
Kate’s dress made me laugh. I don’t mind guests wearing white but it made me think of the Bee where any white in a dress is a no no. I loved the colour of the Queens dress but the I heared someone say “she looks like a tennis ball” and now that is all I can see.
Post # 55
Her simple dress and make up were beautiful. Her day was clearly not about those details. They looked very much in love, and the ceremony reflected that. I live that Stand By Me was one of their wedding songs. I thought it was lovely that Charles walked her down the aisle. I didn’t see any coverage of her family, which is good, cause they can suck it.
Her tiara is the most beautifil I’ve ever seen. It was a stunning starement piece. I predict it will start a trend of tiaras coming back.
Post # 56
It was a very multicultural royal wedding with awesome address from Bishop Curry. He spoke the truth, and the truth makes people uncomfortable usually. So he got his point across. Both of them have chosen well the costumes which represented what means most to them.. The black attire which Harry and William wore was the military uniform. What we normally tell the bees asking opinions about their dresses is to choose the one which resonates with them right? Guess that’s what Meghan chose. Looking at them meaning every single word they said was amazing!
Post # 57
I really like Meghan’s dress. I LOVE bateau necklines and drop veils and think she looks beautiful. TBH I’m not a huge fan of current wedding dress fashion with the necklines slashed to the navel and nude linings though – I think more modest dresses are actually more flattering and elegant.
Post # 58
Just watched it Live. Here are my thoughts about the whole thing:
- Her dress…hmmm how do I start. Before anything, from what I understand royal brides need to abide to a certain dress code. I don’t think she looked bad but I was definitely UNDERWHELMED. I could not stop looking at her sleeves. Are they designed to be loose on purpose? Maybe it would have made a difference if they were fitted? I agree with what mrl201020 said, I can’t help but think of Catherine’s dress and look and just what a HUGE difference it is (hate me all you want for comparing, just being honest).
- I am not a fan of the tiara. It’s alright I guess but not to the hype with how the commentators were making it out to be.
- TBH, I think some of the commentators were underwhelmed with her dress as well. When I watched it and she got out of the car, no one said anything for a good 5 seconds which seemed like forever on Live TV. Until one of the women probably felt she had to save the moment and say something positive about it. Unlike with Catherine, it was like, “Wow, she nailed it!” immediately.
- I find it interesting when the pastor from Chicago (that’s what nbc commentators said he is from) gave the sermon. The facial expressions of the guests where indescribable. Just a guess, many of them were probably not used to someone giving sermon that was kinda dramatic and very animated. Definitely different from the previous royal wedding ceremonies.
- The weather was gorgeous. They lucked out. There was not a cloud in the sky as far as the eye can see.
- Their cake was gorgeous too. I saw a picture on tv and not sure if that was a leak. It must be a breath of fresh air to have the flavor they chose rather than the traditional fruit cake.
- They do look truly happy marrying each other.
Post # 60
I thought Megan and Harry looked lovely. It was so nice to see a bride with a natural fresh face and not done up like she just stepped out of the Rocky Horror Picture Show! I personally also liked the dress, very demure. I loved that they looked so in to each other and you could feel the love between them. She seems more likable than than dour creature William married.
On a last note What was Victoria Beckhams’ problem? That is one sour faced woman!