Post # 1
So we have to have an A list and B list on invitees since we are trying to keep numbers down to 120-130 instead of the 150 that would max out our venue. Is it okay to have two separate RSVP deadlines? For our wedding (date on profile is correct) here is what I was thinking:
Mail A list beginning of August (first week) with deadline of August 24th. Send out B list invites as soon as we get some “No”s, with August 29th the latest we would send out B list invites. Deadline for those RSVPs September 15th. That would leave 2 weeks to gather any missing RSVPs prior to the caterer and baker needing final head counts 2 weeks before the wedding (October 1st). Does that timeline sound okay?
Post # 3
Are you making your own invitations? It may not be possible to order them with two different dates.
The dates seem ok, though the first seems very early to RSVP. I would probably keep the same deadline for both but just send the first out sooner – since you’re awaiting no replies before sending the 2nd list anyway.
I don’t necessarily think an earlier deadline will get them to you sooner, since usually if you know you can’t go you send it back pretty quickly.
Post # 4
@thewheelsonthebus: Huh…I thought it was just the opposite. That the “no’s” usually roll in later than the “yes’s”. And it’s not a problem to order them with different dates. It’s actually cheaper oddly enough (it is cheaper to order two sets of 75 RSVP postcards than it is to order 150…magnetstreet probably doesn’t realize they did this ha ha!). But I was worried about Aug 24th being early also. Thanks for the advice!
Post # 5
Put out word of mouth that it would be extremely helpful if people let you know immediately if they don’t think they can make it. Our moms were very helpful in getting an early census guestimate for us. A couple who we thought were never-in-a-millions RSVPed that they were coming though.