(Closed) RSVP nightmare!!!…125/250 invites turned in, 50% acceptance rate….

posted 9 years ago in Logistics
Post # 3
5993 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2010

move to your B list (ie, friends from school you couldnt invite)… ring them and say “havent received your RSVP yet – are you coming?” and play dumb when they say they didnt get your invite ๐Ÿ˜‰

hopefully this means you can free up some much needed funds and im sorry that people are so stupid and rude these days they dont have the decency to respond

Post # 4
1084 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

It sucks but I’d start tracking people down.  When it came down to the date, my Fiance, my mom, his mom, and I divided it up with the people who were closest with us, made a phone call, email, text, whatever and just tracked them down. 

Post # 5
530 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

Do you have bridesmaids? If yes, emergency call to action! Give them each fifty people to call. It’s an emergency, they can help you out.  

Then, if the number of attendees is really that low, call your old friends. 

Post # 6
2030 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

I know it hurts but try not to take the no’s personally. We only had a 50% acceptance rate for our wedding too. At first I was very hurt and humiliated, but then I realized that a lot of my older relatives are not as young as I rejmember them (haven’t seen them in a long time) and they are a little too old to travel that far. There is probably a good reason like this why you are getting all those no’s too. I’m sure they would attend if they could ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 7
14186 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

We had a 55% acceptance rate. It worked out fine, no worries =]

Post # 8
350 posts
Helper bee

I’m sorry youre in this situation.  The above posters have some good suggestions.  I too would recommend dividing up the tasks of calling/texting/whatever the remaining guests among you, your FH, moms, Maid/Matron of Honor, whoever.

What I have seen based on other wedding message boards is that when people have these really huge guest lists in the 500s, about half the guests show up.  I think the reason is that when you have that many people, you really just can’t possibly be close to ALL of them, so a lot of people end up not bothering to respond or come.   What does suck is that even after inviting 500 people you were not able to include all of your friends.   If it’s a small town and your wedding is in town, maybe your friends can still make it on short notice?

Good luck!

Post # 10
7975 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

If Mom insisted the relatives would come, then Mom can start calling them. Divide friends up among your BMs. Your friends and family want to help you with this wedding, let them!

Post # 11
37 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2009

I would LOVE to have a 50% acceptance rate and have a smaller intimate reception! But then again I know about food and beverage minimums since I’m an event coordinator. I agree w/ eloping…go to your B-list or have your Bridesmaids call everyone who hasn’t responded to try and get a definite yes or no answer.

Post # 12
111 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

yes you definately need to contact the other 125 to see if they can attend! If you have  bridesmaids they can help with it and then if you find out most cant come you can invite your friends you had to drop off the list in the first place. I can imagine this must be so frustrating ๐Ÿ™

Post # 14
14186 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

Don’t worry about it, it’s not that no one wants to come. And bigger doesn’t always mean better! Look at it this way; quality time with the people who DID come, right?

Post # 15
7431 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2009

Split the list between several people and start calling them. Tell them you need a yes or no right then cuz you need to get the list to the caterer ASAP.  We sent out 30 invites and have only gotten 10 back, so I know the feeling.  Some people jsut feel you should already know that they are coming, but we’re not mind readers!!

Sucks you have to do extra work, but with a huge list like you have there’s no way around it

Post # 16
46 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2010

In my book 40% of 600 is still a mighty big wedding!

Good luck calling people. Sorry your mom and BMs don’t want to help. That sucks. I bet between you & Mr Run you’ll be able to fly through that list of 125…one by one.

Hang in there.

The topic ‘RSVP nightmare!!!…125/250 invites turned in, 50% acceptance rate….’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors