(Closed) RSVP’ing 101…

posted 7 years ago in Paper
Post # 3
2204 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

YES!

We had an RSVP returned with no names and had checked “will be attending”, names written ineligbly, some RSVPs never returned.

They are pre-addressed, pre-stamped. How hard is it to fill it out?? Apparently, very difficult.

This worries me that people can’t fill out RSVP cards, how do they fill out ballots at elections? Scary.

Post # 4
2105 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I’ve always received RSVPs with the name line already filled out.

I’ve also heard of brides keeping a numbered master guest list and numbering the rsvp cards.

Post # 5
4336 posts
Honey bee

we numbered ours (with invisible ink!) but didn’t end up needing it… I assumed that b.c we wrote “name” instead of “m” that people would remember to write their name. Sorry to hear from your experience that isn’t true! 🙁

Post # 6
2701 posts
Sugar bee

The ones that we actually received were written out correctly. However, the problem for us was receiving them in the first place.

Post # 7
428 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@MrsBroccoli: I like the numbered idea.

And I think I will probably print the names on the RSVP cards myself as it is not an open invitation wedding. Meaning… Uncle Ted can’t bring his wifes cousin in laws friend. Catch my drift?

Post # 8
2204 posts
Buzzing bee

We did the numbers are the back of the rsvp card and kept a spreadsheet of all the names. It helped tremendously!!

Post # 9
343 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

we will be numbering for sure

Post # 10
82 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I am having the hardest time getting people to actually return them! wtf. They are stamped and addressed. They are POSTCARDS! I mean, seriously. Gahhh!

Post # 11
104 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@superh2ogirl:  That’s so what we’re doing, too! RSVPs with names already pre-printed on them. We’re having a small wedding precisely because we want people who matter to us to be there–not anyone’s casual date. I mean, we ARE opening things up to significant others… but only those who are actually significant! If a good friend has been dating someone for the past two weeks… Sorry, that doesn’t qualify as significant. If they’ve been with someone for months/years, even if we’re not super close to that someone, that’s fine–they’re welcome.

Post # 12
2616 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

guess im adding another phase on my invite assembling.. lol.. i need to put numbers on those cards we did M_________________

accepts

decline

Post # 13
1448 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Martha Stewart also recommends lightly marking the back of the RSVP card with some sort of numbering system so you can keep track if the guest forgets to write his/her name.

Post # 14
7901 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2012 - Pelican Grand Beach Resort

We numbered ours, and I’m glad we did, because we got back a few with no names and no return address.

Post # 15
219 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

@Bao:  we had some people not put their names either. luckily though we used a black light marker and numbered off our guests. we used the marker and wrote that guest’s number on the back of their rsvp just in case they would forget to write their name. i’m glad i did. 

Post # 16
5657 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: February 2012

We didn’t have any incomplete RSVPs, but a lot of people just didn’t bother RSVPing at all. It was really annoying. We had to call them all up and they were like “Well you knew we were/were not coming!” uhm, no. We didn’t.

The topic ‘RSVP’ing 101…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors