- 6 years ago
- Wedding: December 2012
Hi! Fiance and I had another premarital counseling session and we received “the rules for healthy fighting”, I just wanted to share incase anyone could find it useful.
1. Be here now
2. Listen to understand. Not to make your next point.
3. Be open to feedback
4. View the other person as a partner
5. Avoid Herarchal positions
6. Utilize facts and avoid assumptions
7. Be clear in your communication
8. Make eye contact
9. Stay on one topic
10. One at a time
11. Do not monopolize the time
I guess I haven’t always been a fair fighter! Oh well, I will be trying harder now 🙂