(Closed) Running of the Brides DC 2011

posted 7 years ago in Washington, D.C.
Post # 3
1056 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I’m debating on it…but don’t want to get up that stinken early.  I know what I want to wear and I’m sure they won’t have it.  But I do want to see if I can find a dress for the rehersal dinner.

Post # 4
1668 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I wasn’t planning on it but read, Miss Pony’s post and checked the upcoming dates and realized the DC one is this Friday.  I wouldn’t mind going AFTER the madness subsides around 10-11AM if anyone is interested.  I have no one to go with (family is in NJ) so if anyone wants a buddy to just check it out with I would love that! PM me!

Post # 5
160 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I plan on going after work. Best of luck to you all! I am mainly going to browse….and maybe luck out and find that dream dress for a good bargain 🙂

Post # 6
1668 posts
Bumble bee

@MamaMima:  Good luck!  Are you going with a gang or browsing alone?  I think I may go alone. 

Post # 7
3142 posts
Sugar bee

@RGF:

If I lived near you I would totally ask to come be your wing-woman. I think that sounds like a blast!

I’ve been to many a designer sample sale in my life and lettme tell ya… I thrive on the “urgency” and and usually do pretty well at them!

Have fun and please post your dress if you get one!

Post # 8
128 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

@NJmeetsBX: I wish I had this friday free to go roam during the day. Perhaps when I get off work, I may pop my head in the store.  I am afraid if I find my dress now, I will end up buying 2!

Post # 9
Hostess
3572 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I have been in DC for less than a year… What is it?

Post # 10
3866 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@RGF: I live farther south and I would go, except I’d have to use a vaca day at work and I’ve already got my dress, lol.  But it’d still be fun to do 😉 I also doubt my boss would be thrilled with the sudden day-off request. lol

Post # 12
2907 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

When/where? I’d love to help out/ be involved in the dress finding without having to try any on. 🙂

Post # 13
862 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

It’s so much fun!  Do go – we went about an hour after opening.  I tried on about 25 dresses and walked away with the one!!!  Just keep an open mind and try on EVERYTHING… it looks totally different on your body than on the rack.  I’m SOO happy we went!  It would be a great family day anyway!

Post # 14
1668 posts
Bumble bee

@Radiant Bride: Well if you do you can sell the ROTB dress for a profit!  LOL

@RGF: Good luck to you!  Have fun and let us know how it goes!  I won’t be there for the actual “running.”  I’m free tomorrow so I may just stroll in around 11ish.

@MsYellowJacket: Do think I would be OK going alone?  No during the rush, later in the day.

Post # 15
862 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

@NJmeetsBX: Definitely!  You will be fine if you go by yourself… and if you find the dress, it will totally be worth it!

Post # 16
1668 posts
Bumble bee

@MsYellowJacket:  Will there be fitting rooms or should I be mindful of the undergarments!?  LOL

The topic ‘Running of the Brides DC 2011’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors