(Closed) RUST & TURQUOISE – whatcha think?

posted 7 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
173 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Sounds pretty to me!  Love the boots 🙂

Post # 4
46414 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Rust and turquoise will look great. After all, orange and blue are opposite each other on the color wheel which means they are complimentary colors.

You could get a wire cage like this for your bouquet in a copper color

and have them wire in some turquoise beads like this

or bring in the turquoise in an accent like feathers etc as you are right- there really aren’t many turquoise flowers.

Post # 5
42 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Ooh, I love that idea! You could really pop some faux turquoise on the tables too. 

Post # 6
955 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

LOVE IT!

Post # 7
5494 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2011

That’s a great color combination and so appropriate for the wedding you described.  The whole thing sounds amazing.  I would go with burnt orange flowers instead of turquiose, as that seems more natural.

Post # 8
1851 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I think it sounds perfect…especially for AZ (totally the two colors I think of when thinking about AZ…lived there for 3 years). I think you should go with some burnt orange wild flowers instead of turquoise because it will look more natural. Plus the cross accent will pop more.

Post # 9
542 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I think that is a great color scheme for your wedding! So appropriate for the date and location, and very original. Great idea 🙂

Post # 10
3364 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

I think of Sedona; really beautiful there! Jade Jewelery would be so pretty for your bridesmaids, and maybe they could wear cowgirl boots! Rustic/Natural Flowers! =) How beautiful! Oranges, Browns, Burlap? Since your from AZ I say go with what you know and what is around you! Natural beauty!

Post # 11
433 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Perfection! I love what you are thinking.

Post # 13
2161 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

When I first read the colours, I didn’t think I would like them, but I LOVE them!

Post # 14
Hostess
11239 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Yeah go for it!

Post # 15
264 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Since it is on a cotton farm, you should totally incoporate the cotton. Maybe like this:

And I don’t know if the color is close enough to torqouise but blue mason jars with candles would be great (these ones are solar powered:

Post # 16
200 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Loving the color combos! What a great idea for the whole look, and with a BBQ reception I’d the happiest bride around.

The topic ‘RUST & TURQUOISE – whatcha think?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors