- 6 years ago
- Wedding: November 2012
**If you lost power in this weekend’s storm, you will appreciate this review even more**
I wanted to write a recommendation for A Cake to Remember in Richmond, VA. Kara Buntin, the owner, is a fantastic baker and I would recommend her work to any bride in the RVA area.
1. Her cakes are delicious. No box mixes with add-in flavors, never frozen, real buttercream. I tried several different bakers (PM me if you’re interested in who) and none compared to Kara.
2. Her prices are excellent. She charges for # of servings, not complexity of designs. Other bakers typically charge more for intricate work, but she enjoys being creative for her own sake.
3. She’s written a book about owning a small cake business. Its for sale on Amazon and well-reviewed. She also has an Etsy store to help other bakers. How many other bakeries can say that?
4. She’s hilarious and her blog highlights her creativity and business ethics.
5. On Friday, a large storm knocked out power along the East Coast for several days. Temperatures were above 100 degrees all weekend. She still delivered several cakes to weekend weddings because she actually had a backup plan for power outages. None of her cakes melted. This kind of professionalism and planning is what inspired me to write this post!
If you want delicious, affordable cake from a baker who will still deliver despite all that could go wrong on your wedding day, try A Cake to Remember.