(Closed) sandals $%(*#&!

posted 7 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
1391 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

OH SNAP! I would be livid! If it was credit card maybe call them and see if they can cancel the second transaction?

ETA: I have had my gym take out money twice and it took over a week to refund it! So annoying! Maybe it’s just banking

Post # 4
1843 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Ugh, no, never happened to me.  Was he paying with a credit card?  If so, he could probably call the credit card company and they can refuse the payment?

Post # 5
893 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I’ve always noticed that you can make a payment that will post IMMEDIATELY…but a refund can take days (or sometimes weeks) to post.

I don’t think it is Sandals specifically. This happens everywhere.

Post # 6
4137 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

the slow refund is the bank’s fault, not sandals’ fault. they have no control over the timing of refunds.

Post # 8
10288 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011

I’m an auditor for a major retail company and I deal with these sort of things on a daily basis. Refunds and credits are not instant because the bank doesn’t have the information right away. It normally takes 3 days for merchant services to obtain the data and then who knows how long to actually process it. Like the PP said, its not Sandals holding your money, it the bank. In all honestly, it could take up to 30 days for the hold to be released but it normally happens within 3-10 business days. Sandals corporate office could send your bank a letter requesting that they release the hold. I actually just had to draft up 2 of these letters this morning. 

But I do agree that it totally blows!

Post # 10
1267 posts
Bumble bee

Oh that sucks!! My bf and I had chartered a boat with a captain a couple of years ago when we lived in Miami and wanted to take some visting friends out.  We had to pay a $1000 deposit and they sent the damn thing through twice, we paid the $3400 for the charter and they STILL had our $2000 on top of that because they screwed it up.  It took us about a week to get the $2000 credited back to our account.  Sucks, but it was just the way the banks work with the information.  Sorry!!

Post # 11
10288 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011

@eliwhit: I would call them back and demand that they fax your bank a letter to release the hold. If they tell you they can’t do that, they’re lieing. We have stores all over the country and while some banks require a phone call instead of a letter, they can release holds as long as the merchant agrees that there was an error. One of the letters I sent this morning has already been processed and the customers money will be returned to their account tomorrow. 

I would be shitting bricks if my account was double charged $1600!

Post # 12
860 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I’m just curious, we are planning to book at Sandals Antigua too.  How long are you staying and did you book directly through SAndals or use a travel agent?

The topic ‘sandals $%(*#&!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors