(Closed) Savannah Area Hair & Makeup Recommendations?

posted 9 years ago in Savannah, Georgia
Post # 3
25 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2009

Oh my gosh, I just asked this very same question!  Except I mistakenly asked it in the hive instead of on the local board (D’OH!).  I hope it does not get buried down!

Anyway, I am in the same boat Miss L!  I am not from Savannah so I am kind of flying by the seat of my pants on figuring out who to go with. My hotel coordinator recommended JW Salon, but it is the “official” salon/spa of the hotel, so I suspect that it is a business recommendation and not necessarily the BEST vendor!

I got the “Something Blue” Savannah wedding magazine and there was an article about B Street Salon, which sounded nice, but I then went online and found several mixed reviews about B Street (plus, it’s kind of on the pricy side…I don’t want to spend a lot of money for something I am not going to LOVE. Plus, I don’t want to spend a lot of money on several trials trying to figure out who does the best job). 

So now I am considering Savannah Day Spa, but it’s based solely on the look of their website at the moment.

I’ll let you know if I find out some actual USEFUL information! Hopefully someone has some good advice.

Fruitcakes 

Post # 4
14186 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

I had a really amazing haircut at the Ritz Salon on Ogelthorpe I believe. It was $60 (i know, yikes) but it was amazing and I got tons of compliments. The guy who cut my hair was just a hoot. Absolutely hilarious and very sweet. Very “aw honey” this and that. He made my hair look fantastic!

yeah those “recommended” places are always vendor buddies, aren’t they? =]

Post # 6
25 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2009

Miss Lab,

I’ve selected my hair and make-up team! They will travel to me (not that they’re traveling that far, we’re staying at the Avia Hotel). Anyway, I am using Dollface by Jules for make-up (www.dollfacebyjules.com) and ONY Salon for hair (www.onysalon.com).  Their work is really awesome and they often work as a team for weddings.  I am going to do a hair/make-up trial sometime this month or early next month; hopefully I’ll get some good pics to share with you.

Have you narrowed down hair/make-up yet?

Fruitcakes

Post # 8
123 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Hi ladies!

I am not living in Savannah and having the same issue…  I also heard about B Street, but also saw the bad posts about them—which made me nervous!  I am currently investigating this via a few friends I have in the area, and will post when I have details πŸ™‚

Happy Hunting!

Post # 9
1 posts
Wannabee

Hey ladies. I have lived in Savannah for about four years now and the only hair salon I go to here is Greener Grass. They are not located downtown but well worth the 10-15 minute drive to the south side of the city. I recently recommended them to a sorority sister for her wedding. She and the wedding party had a great experience there. I know that I will definitely use this salon next year for my big day.

Post # 10
123 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Aloren,

Thanks! I will check them out πŸ™‚

When is your wedding? I am getting married June 5th πŸ™‚

Post # 11
671 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2018

I, too, am a destination bride planning a wedding in Savannah and I’ve been wondering about a hair salon, so this is a helpful thread! 

@aloren – Greener Grass sounds great and I love their website.  Thanks for the rec!

Post # 12
671 posts
Busy bee

P.S.  @aloren – Any specific stylist that you recommend?  Esp for sassy, short hair?!

Post # 14
7053 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

Thanks Mrs. Labrador!

There’s a decent chance I may be hittin’ the GA coast (I’d give it a 30 percent chance) for the big day and need some good vendors for exactly this!

Post # 15
483 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

I have a fabulous hair recommendation – I believe it’s called “Options” and that’s wear I got my hair done for my wedding.  I got a 10 am appt and it was still perfect for the 6:30 wedding!  As for makeup, I did my own and the makeup for my BMs-smokey eyes are my specialty!!  Let me know if I can help in any way now that I’m in Sav! πŸ™‚

Post # 16
671 posts
Busy bee

Thanks for all of the recommendations!   

@Mrs Lab — I’m on the edge of my seat waiting for your recaps!  I’ve pretty much been stalking you on WB since I found out you were also a Savannah bride.  Love all of your DIY ideas.  Can’t wait to see pics of your big day. 

The topic ‘Savannah Area Hair & Makeup Recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors