(Closed) Save the dates & Room blocks together?

posted 10 years ago in Paper
Post # 3
513 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

I was under the impression the save the dates should only include information regarding the date, the city of location, and a wedding website (if you chose to do one).

Why don’t you just include on your wedding website the room block info and hotel rec’s? If not- just wait until your invites go out with the rest of the info. 

Post # 4
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2009

We are sending out our room block information with the save-the-dates. This way it gives people plenty of time to save up ( based on the hotel they plan on staying at) and book rooms.

Post # 5
200 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2008

I made my Save the Dates on my Gocco too! I did include the hotel information and a note explaining to guests that if they know they are planning on attending they should book early and why along with my STD’s because at my particular place they don’t "block" rooms. We are getting married in a tourist town in the middle of track season(which means there are lots of out of town people staying in hotels for months). NONE of the hotels in the area would set up a room block for me, and several of them were already pretty booked for the month of our wedding next summer! I wanted to make sure that our out of town guests have somewhere to stay.  I don’t see anything wrong with including hotel information in with your save the dates.

The topic ‘Save the dates & Room blocks together?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors