(Closed) Save the dates

posted 6 years ago in Paper
Post # 2
4054 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
juneberries:  do you have a lot of Out of Town guests? If so, I think it’s appropriate to send them up to 8 months in advance. Otherwise, I think 6 months is plenty of time. If you send them too early, you risk people losing them/forgetting about them. Just my 2 cents!

We are sending ours in late February for our 9/10/16 wedding. 

Post # 3
2165 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception/The Gallery

I think you’re fine, especially if you have a lot of Out of Town guests.

View original reply
BMoreBecc:  Another 9/10 bride here! We’re planning on sending ours out in mid-february. Can’t wait to get those suckers in the mail!

Post # 4
586 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

It’s pretty common to send them out 6-8 months in advance. We sent them out in early November for our June 2016 wedding (I would have waited a month, but didn’t want them to get lost in the Christmas card rush). I think it’s good to give people a heads up early – there are a lot of weddings in the summer and I wanted to get onto people’s schedules before people start planning summer trips, etc.

Post # 5
1688 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

Ours went out nine months in advance. Almost all of our guests are from out of town, and many have jobs that you need to put vacation time in way ahead. I think you’re good!

Post # 6
4054 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
DrunkInLove:  hey date twin! Ditto, I’m so ready to send ours. I think that’ll be the first time it feels real 🙂

Post # 7
247 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

I sent mine out this week for an August 20th wedding. Mine are magnets, so I don’t think anyone will lose it. I don’t think it’s too early. 

Post # 9
814 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

View original reply
juneberries:  I think it’s not too early.. it’s a SAVE THE DATE, not the invite… 😉 

Post # 10
71 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

We are sending ours early feb for 9/24 date. I think it’s totally fine. Not too early at all!

Post # 11
421 posts
Helper bee

I’m sending mine next week for out August 6th wedding and as I asked some people for addresses they were like “Finally!”

Post # 12
24 posts
Newbee

View original reply
juneberries:  your post says our “08.13.26” wedding… Lol!!! At first I was like, ten years away?! Too soon! Hah!!!

The topic ‘Save the dates’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors