(Closed) Save The Dates for June 2009 Wedding

posted 10 years ago in June 2009
Post # 3
1246 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

We’re getting married in June, too, and we’re sending our Save-The-Date Cards out at the beginning of next month. About 90% of our guests will be from Out of Town.

Post # 4
9 posts
Newbee

We’re also having a June 2009 wedding and we wanted to send out our Save-The-Date Cards next month too.  A little more than half of the guests are from Out of Town and many of them have already been asking our family members what our wedding plans are.  We figured that if we send out the Save-The-Date Cards as soon as we’re ready, then we could calm the masses from afar. 

Are you having a destination wedding?  If so, then you should send out your STDs asap so that people can make travel plans if needed to say, Hawaii for example.  If your Out of Town guests are traveling only a couple of hours by car, then maybe 6mos is okay to send ahead.  If you have your guest list finalized to send the notice to, then I don’t see why not to send it out a few months earlier than expected.

Post # 5
3 posts
Wannabee

I sent out my STD’s () for my 5.15.2008 DESTINATION wedding 3 weeks ago.  You should send them out as soon as you have your location and date set!  The sooner the better!!  Good Luck!

Post # 6
108 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

Our wedding is August 2009, and because pretty much everyone is going to have to drive/fly, we are sending out the STD’s in the next week or so! The way i figure it, people who have to make arrangements will appreciate it, and those who loose em/forget about em will have the invitations to rely on. Unless 90% or more of your friends and family are spacy and would forget about them/misplace them instantly, then you have nothing to loose!

Post # 7
375 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

We are wedding date twins:)Most of our guests will be Out of Town and I am sending out my Save-The-Date Cards by September 27th. I figure the sooner the better, but I have also heard that if you send them too far in advance, people may not pay as much attention. I don’t think there is really a wrong answer here though.

Post # 8
699 posts
Busy bee

Send them out now. We are having a destination wedding and I am going this weekend to pick out the place and finalize the date. I have already created the cards minus the location and date and am sending them out as soon as I can. I’m the complete opposite of a procrastinator, so it may just be me wanting to have things planned!

Post # 9
135 posts
Blushing bee

Our wedding is also in June 2009 and we’re gearing up to send out Save-the-Dates by the beginning of next month. Destination wedding or not, the sooner you send them out the better. 🙂

Post # 10
1379 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

Sorry to highjack this thread but we are getting married January 2, 2010 (I know – so far away!) … and wanted to send our save-the-dates on new years this year and do some sort of play on words with the "new years" thing … is this too far? A full year??  A lot of people will be traveling. Thanks!

Post # 11
150 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

Our wedding is in April 09 and we sent our STD’s out back in July.

Post # 12
291 posts
Helper bee

HumarockBride — I think that would be too cute! And in your case, appropriate I think since you are having your wedding around the holidays…if I were an out of towner, I’d appreciate that kind of advance notice.

I’ve also seen a lot of Spring/Early Summer 2009 brides talking about sending out Save-The-Date Cards so I don’t think you’re weird for doing this early. I’m August 2009 and will probably send out Save-The-Date Cards in a couple of months, once we’ve done engagement pictures, so it’ll be in a similar timeframe!

Post # 13
2292 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2008

If you send them out more than a year in advance, you will confuse people – who will think that you mean this year.  But you’re less than a year away, so I think you’re fine.  We got married in July, and didn’t sent our Save-The-Date Cards until January, but people actually started hounding us about the date before the holidays – so in retrospect I wish we had sent them in November or December.  The main thing is to get them in people’s hands before they start thinking about their next vacation, which I still assume would be after the start of the year, but I also think that you can save yourself a ton of questions if you get them out before the holidays.

Post # 14
216 posts
Helper bee

We’re getting married in Aug / 09 and people are already hounding us for our dates.  I’m working on the Save The Dates and will probably send before Xmas.  9 months before the wedding.

Post # 15
190 posts
Blushing bee

I’m a June 13th 09 bride and my current plan is to have them out the door by the end of October.  I want to take our engagement photos first and set up our wedding website.  YAY June 09 Brides!

Post # 16
125 posts
Blushing bee

I have always heard Save-The-Date Cards are supposed to be sent 6-12 months in advance. No earlier than a year, no later than 6 months. The concern with earlier is that people may forget. The concern with later is that you might as well just send out the invitations. But I don’t think it really matters much! 🙂

For the June bride, sending it sometimes between now and into December is perfectly fine. And for the January bride, you are "supposed" to wait until the 12 month point, but if you have your guest list set (you want it to be completed) and you’re worried about the holiday, send it out sometime earlier!

The topic ‘Save The Dates for June 2009 Wedding’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors