- 9 years ago
- Wedding: November 2012
Well with 2 months of lots and lots of hard work I finalyl finished designing and putting together our wedding invites. I am so excited on how it turned out that I wanted to share with all you bees.
When I was first wedding invitation shopping I found lots of invites that I loved but the price kind of scared me away. I was very close to putting down a deposit on a wedding inviation suite that was going to cost me $600…
After a day on contimplation I decided to get my creative hat on and try to tinkle with Adobe Illistrator to see if I can create an invitaionn that I would be happy with. With a lot of trial and error I came up with a design that I was ok with. Which, to my surprise was doable with the help of lot s and lots of google searches and youtube videos! I think I’m a self taught Adobe Illistrator PRO! Well, not really but maybe someday!
Anyways, once I was happy with my design I contimplated on weather or not I wanted to deal with printing them myself or having a professional printing company print it for me. My argument was I can spend $200.00 to get it printed or spend $200.00 for a nice printer and actually have a nice printer after all is said and done! Well, I opted to just get it professionally printed when I found out that I would have to cut each invitiation to size to make it fit into the pocketfold which I opted to do.
I found a great deal on printing and my local printer cut all my invitations to size, printed my monograms, and printed 45 invitaions for $208.00!! WHOOHOOO! I was super excited AND to top it off they were able to get it done for me with a ONE DAY TURN AROUND! (Although, I had to beg perfusly to get it done this fast!)
After my invites were in I decided I wanted to stamp a scalloped edge on the pocketfold to make it look a little bit unique so I stamped away and this is what I was left with!
All in all I was about to save a little less than $400 by creating my invites on my own. I hope that this is an inspriation for all you other bees that are thinking about doing a DIY project! 🙂