- 7 years ago
Since this site does not have a way to report a scammer or fraud, I’m posting my experience here with the user/scammer to warn the community.
Avoid this user: jbray01
He sent me emails and texts wanting to purchase my wedding dress I had posted for sale. He sent me 2 official looking emails from PayPay-Intl (no such company) that said I needed to wire funds via Western Union to pay the shipper before the funds he had deposited to my account for the purchase would be released.
Here were the warning signs that this was a scam:
1. In all of his communication he refered to my dress as “the item”. He didn’t even know what I had for sale.
2. He requested overnight shipping. However, there were days in between every communication, obviously not in a hurry.
3. I told him I had it listed on an auction site and he told me he wasn’t going to pay me until the auction was over, but wanted me to cancel the auction.
4. His communication was in broken English.
5. And the big tip-off, the pre-payment BY ME of shipping fees… that were TRIPLE the price of the dress.
BEWARE everyone!!! If you receive a request to purchase an item by this user, think twice!