- 8 years ago
- Wedding: August 2010
Well this might be more appropriate for the other posts since I’m talking about hall/venues stuff, but…
it’s “emotional” b/c I’m freaking out and don’t want to go to sleep.
our wedding is this August.
my future mother in law flipped out today on the phone when we told her that the money she’d given us so far for the wedding as well as what my parents gave, we wound up using to live on. he’s been laid off and we’re both students and i work part time. now believe me, to use it to live on was not our plan.
this is how we were going to pay for the wedding: he and i were supposed to get some extra money through various sources which would have paid for the hall we booked along with its package of limo, DJ, video, photography, meal, cake, centerpieces, etc.
then she really freaked us out saying, maybe we should put the wedding off, or have the church service then we should all just go out to dinner (yeah, right I’ve got 100 people all ready to come to the wedding), or go to a Knights of Columbus.
The Knights of Columbus sounded like a great idea to me (in fact that was my original plan last year anyway). Amazingly, I called two today and both are free on our wedding day and both are near the church we’re getting married in!! One offers a meal and open bar, the other just a bar. They both have room for DJ’s, and of course their price is a bargain. this we can afford with what remaining money we will be receive from our parents.
What I’m scared about is this: our old venues. I called up the hall we’d originally contracted with. The person told me that, although technically I was supposed to pay since we’re breaking the contract less than six months in advance, he’d give me til the end of next Friday to make my decision/let him know (at this time I’ve made my decision we’re not using them).
Great, right? But now I don’t know. What if they change their minds? Obviously I have to get it in writing. But tomorrow we’re going to these K of Cs and I might want to put down a deposit to hold the date. God forbid it get taken, we’re running out of options.
Also: the company that the hall deals with who provides the DJ, video, limo, photography. We signed a contract with them too, this past week. When I called them today they said I needed to deal with the hall, not them directly since the package was through the hall. they told us we could still work with them if we wanted a separate package from them having nothing to do with the hall, we could have certain things and not all of them…
So assuming our contract will canceled with the hall we will stay with this other company but are only going to take the DJ and photography. I just hope they won’t charge us any fees..I hope things don’t get too pricey in general…
I won’t feel better until I know for sure the hall won’t break its promise. Now, I can’t find all of that out at 1 a.m., can I? But I can’t sleep. That’s the “emotional” part appropriate for this board. lol But seriously I do tend to obsess over things like this and have a hard time letting go…I mean I didn’t even eat for a good part of the day trying to deal with all this…