(Closed) Schedule & Meal Planning Help? (Weekend Local-Destination Wedding)

posted 7 years ago in Destination Weddings
Post # 3
4137 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

do you have it in writing that the kitchen would serve breakfast until 11?

i don’t think there’s anything wrong with the new schedule though. i might plan for a little more food during tea time, as people will be hungrier at 1pm than at 3pm.

Post # 4
46329 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Either schedule will work just fine.

Re the original schedule:

If the chef won’t do breakfast after 9:30 am, would the venue consider leaving the cold things-nuffins, fruit, cheese etc out on a covered buffet for those who would rather sleep in a bit or arrive that morning?

This frees up the cook staff to prep for lunch, but will require the attention of one wait staff to top up the cold buffet.

Re the proposed earlier schedule:

Some people may find the breakfast availablity to be a  little early. Would they be able to purchase their own breakfast later , or is it completely unavailable after 9:30?

Does the venue have coffeemakers in the rooms? If so, would the venue be able to deliver breakfast baskets to the rooms of those who indicate ahead of time that they would prefer to sleep in? These baskets could contain the usual continental breakfast items- muffins, fruit, juice etc and FRESH CREAMERS( so they don’t have to use that yucky fake creamer) and extra coffee.

After all is said, if the guests know the schedule ahead of time they can make do with whatever is available, and both schedules will work.

Post # 6
353 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I think you should move the ceremony up to 2.30 or 3pm and leave guests to get lunch for themselves before the ceremony, I would never expect a couple to provide all my meals, the only place I’d expect that is an all inclusive resort…I actually think people would like the chance to choose their own meal, I know I’d like the opportunity to decide myself whether I had a light or heavy lunch.

Are you planning on letting your guests know the schedule beforehand?

The topic ‘Schedule & Meal Planning Help? (Weekend Local-Destination Wedding)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors