(Closed) Seattle Brides- Found a sugaring deal (Today only- 2/17)

posted 8 years ago in Seattle
Post # 3
5823 posts
Bee Keeper

You’re not self-promoting!  You are sharing a deal that is accessable to anyone, and which does not directly benefit yourself in any way.  That’s not against the rules.  Laughing  Thanks for the heads up!

Post # 4
1129 posts
Bumble bee

I’ve posted a couple of times letting people know about groupon, which I have been a member of for quite a few months.  I will say that one of the Seattle marketing reps is a good friend of mine so I try and let people know that in the interest of full-disclosure – although my spreading teh word about the site isn’t exactly “classifieds” – I just love what they provide!

And FYI totally bought this one today because of the sugaring post recently here on WB! πŸ™‚  I ran over to the boards after and saw that someone already beat me to posting about it! 

Post # 5
2058 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

YAY – so happy you posted this. I received it today and then my coworker also emailed it to me, HAAHHAHAHAHAH

Post # 6
7082 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2009

Ok, a little frustrated here.  I’m going to try this place today (already had appt.).  Just went to purchase the groupon and they said it takes up to 24 hours to go through…

So I may not have the certificate in time for my appointment πŸ™

Post # 7
1129 posts
Bumble bee

Mrs. DG try giving them a call – They may not honor it because you already had the appointment, but its worth just calling the salon.  πŸ™‚

And let us know how things go there and what your opinion of the place was!

Post # 8
7082 posts
Busy Beekeeper

We’ll see.  I guess I can put it towards a future visit, but how disappointing not to be able to use it today!

Post # 9
1482 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Last time I purchased off Groupon, I had it a few hours after I purchased. 

And yes, please give us a review! πŸ™‚

Post # 10
523 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Got mine! I’m in love with this! Because with Accutane I can’t wax so I’m very excited to do the Sugaring!

Post # 11
296 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Thanks yrret107! Never done sugaring…but always been curious. Heard good things about it. And yes, please give us all a review!

Post # 12
7082 posts
Busy Beekeeper

I’m back!  So I’m probably the wrong person to review the sugaring experience, considering I’m nearly 28 weeks pregnant and probably more sensitive to pain than I otherwise would be.

Having said that, I did wax successfully up until 20 weeks at Wax On, and I love the woman I usually work with there and hadn’t found it to be particularly painful.

Waxing isn’t an option for me right now because I absolutely can’t tolerate the smell for some reason, so sugaring was WAY more pleasant in that way!

Lindsay (my esthetician) was completely delightful and patient, and I loved the environment… so those were plusses.  I also really like the idea of using sugar instead of wax and I like the fact that they are not re-dipping a spatula into a pot… all pluses of sugaring in my mind.

There was some bleeding with sugaring (which hasn’t happened to me with waxing in the past), so I’m using that as an objective measure to corroborate my pain.

I’m going back in 4 weeks to use my coupon and plan to sugar at least until the baby comes, and I’ll try it afterward as well to see if that makes a difference with respect to pain.

Also, hopefully you’ll be going home after your session (or clean up well at the studio) because there can be a sticky residue afterwards (easily cleanable with some warm water).

I’d be interested to see what everyone else thinks in comparison to wax…

PS- TP, I’d ask them about accutane.  They definitely have it on their arrival questionnaire.

Post # 13
1570 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 1996

I just logged into my email and saw the Sweet Spot Groupon and ran over here to post about it, since I remember Mrs. Cherry Pie loved the Sweet Spot for all her sugaring needs, so much so that she posted about it on the blog. Looks like I am really late! Glad you all spotted this, I hope everyone enjoys it. Well, enjoys the results, not sure if it’s possible to enjoy the experience of hair removal. πŸ™‚

The topic ‘Seattle Brides- Found a sugaring deal (Today only- 2/17)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors