Post # 1
I may or may not be a second dress bride. I am going back to the bridal store tomorrow so they can put me in it again and talk me through it. If I decide to get a second dress, I will most certainly try to sell my first dress. Is this what everyone does? How much do you think you will get back from what you originally bought it for?
Post # 3
i stopped my dress before it went into production but was able to use the deposit to buy a veil and some hair accessories and a necklace for my sister for the wedding day. i know other girls who were able to sell theirs successfully though so that’s a great option.
Post # 4
It depends on the dress. Most ppl have pretty good luck selling their dresses. There are several websites dedicated to stuff like that, such as:
and of course the classified section on weddingbee
Good Luck with whatever you decided. We would love to see pictures
Post # 5
At this point I’m altering both and keeping both till the wedding. I hope to sell them both after the wedding. The one I do end up wearing, I’ll target selling at 40-50% of retail value assuming it’s still in good condition. For the one I don’t wear, I’ll probably start out asking higher.
If you don’t plan to alter your dress at all, you can probably ask for 80-90% of face value. That’s what I would pay if I was in the market for a dress, I don’t see the difference between getting a new dress from the store and getting it from another bride. In fact I’d rather get it from the bride with a return policy rather than waiting 5-6 months from the store and not be able to return at all.
Post # 6
I’m on my THIRD dress and definitely selling the first two. And will probably sell the third dress that I am actually wearing once the wedding is over. Using oncewed and ebay. I think preownedweddingdresses.com charges a fee.
Post # 7
Yep. My dress just came in today, and I will be going in next Thursday to pick it up. I said I’d try it on, just to see if having the real thing can sway me back, but my plan is to sell it. It originally retailed for $899, but I got it during a sale for $799 +tax and shipping, so around $850 altogether. Considering that it would be new and NOT ALTERED (which to me is huge because the buyer can really do anything with it), I plan to ask for $700 obo. Y’know, unless they talk me back into it on Thursday… 😉